Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 Sales (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=164)
-   -   2004 V70R for sale - needs work (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=292425)

Donald Thomson Mar 4th, 2019 13:03

2004 V70R for sale - needs work

2 Attachment(s)
Flash Green V70R Geartronic 2004 for sale. Glasgow.

It's had a full Volvo service history with manufacturers parts throughout but has now passed the point of maintenance costs I'm willing to bear. In need of new rear bushes, front brake hoses, a nearside front drop link replacement, steering rack is leaking and there is a loose wiring connection to a front accelerometer.

Parts costs aren't too bad but the labour costs at Volvo put the repairs above what I'm happy to pay. It's got a mileage of 110,000 and has been a brilliant car for the past 12 years I've had it. If I had a workshop and tools I might have tried the work myself!

The engine and gearbox have been running fine, DEM was replaced 3 years ago and the front Active Chassis shocks were replaced last year. Other niggles include drivers heated seat not working, satnav software not working and a couple of scratches on the bodywork.

The MOT is up in a couple of weeks and I've been offered a trade in value that is OK but doesn't reflect the car it is. If someone is willing to put the work in themselves to bring the car up to scratch or is looking for a source of spares I'd rather the car went to someone who understands what V70Rs are!

Looking for anything above £1500 otherwise look out for it at one of the auctions in Glasgow in a week or two.

ThorV70 Mar 4th, 2019 16:04

I might be tempted. Could the car be viewed in Glasgow this week? I could view at anytime as I'm on holiday this week.

reggit Mar 4th, 2019 17:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThorV70 (Post 2500906)
I might be tempted. Could the car be viewed in Glasgow this week? I could view at anytime as I'm on holiday this week.

Please buy it to remove the temptation for me as I don’t really have time to fettle a car on top of everything else o have to do.

Donald Thomson Mar 4th, 2019 19:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThorV70 (Post 2500906)

Not a problem. I'm around for the next couple of days. PM me with a phone number or email address.

Donald Thomson Mar 4th, 2019 19:23

Danny,

I haven't enough posts to reply to your pm - sorry. The car is fine to drive and the MOT is up on the 20th March. If you pm me with a phone number or email address I can give you more details.

regards

Donald

ThorV70 Mar 4th, 2019 19:45

Hi Donald sent you a pm to my original post. Can you let me have the reg number, I could view Tuesday or Wednesday?

Gulfb Mar 5th, 2019 17:03

Afternoon Donald,
Have a wanted post running for a V70r so would love to take this on.
Can transfer or happy to travel up with cash just let me know what works best.
Thanks Andrew.

mrc1501 Mar 6th, 2019 00:41

Wow, seems like a bargain to me at that price. Has the timing belt and water pump been replaced recently. Looking for a Flash myself........
Sling it on ebay and let people bid for it

Gulfb Mar 6th, 2019 17:11

Well in for a penny in for a pound as they say!
Cannot send a pm as I have less than 30 posts but quite happy to openly offer to pay £1,850. Can collect Thursday or Friday otherwise I am away for five days hence this message.
Do let me know your thoughts.

mrc1501 Mar 7th, 2019 00:11

How bad is the steering rack leak. Is it dripping or just wet around a joint. Would this need to be done prior to a new mot.