Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   Diesel Engines (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   Volvo V70 D5 Phase three Engine Serial Number Again! (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=282997)

V70d5peter Jun 15th, 2018 14:26

Volvo V70 D5 Phase three Engine Serial Number Again!

Hi, I've been trying to find the engine serial number on my 2009 V70 D5.

As the car was fitted with a reconditioned engine when the original was destroyed with the Cam Belt being dislodged.

When I had some work done on the car recently I asked the garage to see if they could read it on the block (Paper one was missing). well, they kindly did but I can't make sense of it the number they found was " S10246510" I've heard that the Ser Number is six digits following the engine designation code (D5244T4 if I've read the handbook right).

Should I just read the last six digits which would be a bit disapointing as my original six-figure engine number began with 54 so have I now got a much older engine that's been reconditioned but seems ok.? does anyone know the year the D5244T4 was introduced? if that's what I still have.

Thanks for looking.

cheshired5 Jun 15th, 2018 15:12

D5244T4 has been around since MY 2005.

Clan Jun 15th, 2018 22:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by V70d5peter (Post 2414609)
Hi, I've been trying to find the engine serial number on my 2009 V70 D5.

As the car was fitted with a reconditioned engine when the original was destroyed with the Cam Belt being dislodged.

When I had some work done on the car recently I asked the garage to see if they could read it on the block (Paper one was missing). well, they kindly did but I can't make sense of it the number they found was " S10246510" I've heard that the Ser Number is six digits following the engine designation code (D5244T4 if I've read the handbook right).

Should I just read the last six digits which would be a bit disapointing as my original six-figure engine number began with 54 so have I now got a much older engine that's been reconditioned but seems ok.? does anyone know the year the D5244T4 was introduced? if that's what I still have.

Thanks for looking.

the engine serial number can be more than 6 digits , up in the millions for later ones .

V70d5peter Jun 16th, 2018 11:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clan (Post 2414804)
the engine serial number can be more than 6 digits , up in the millions for later ones .

Thanks, Clan looks like it will be hard to know the age of my replacement. That serial number S10246510 looks odd to me as the original was 545071 the engine looks the same and seems to perform but I did notice the aluminium looks a bit more aged than the original. The donor garage could or would not supply me with any history but all the belts, pullies, tensioners A/C Compressor .fluids etc, were all renewed and as I said seems to go ok and just passed the new MOT. I'll have to live with it and hope there's no problem with any differences in for future regarding spare parts.