Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=187)
-   -   Volvo ID sensus apps (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=277030)

HDAV Jan 14th, 2018 00:07

Volvo ID sensus apps

Any decent apps for sensus or add ons?

Worth setting up a Volvo id? Don’t have “on call”

Send to car looks interesting any others?

wimorrison Jan 14th, 2018 06:51

I also thought Send to Car but as I haven't needed to use it in 4 years I am not so sure now, have found a use for any of the other apps

Chief inspector Jan 14th, 2018 09:44

Ive used send to car twice and used the wikiplaces when stuck in traffic.....weather is OK-ish if youre on a long drive and forgot to check.

HDAV Jan 14th, 2018 10:34

Is there a list or guide to the ones we can use in the uk anywhere?

NigelDay Jan 14th, 2018 12:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by HDAV (Post 2357509)
Is there a list or guide to the ones we can use in the uk anywhere?

There're no add-ons. What you see on the menu is what you get. Occasionally it gets updated at the dealer service. For example, Rdio - a now defunct internet radio service - was deleted sometime in 2016.

HDAV Jan 14th, 2018 17:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by NigelDay (Post 2357564)
There're no add-ons. What you see on the menu is what you get. Occasionally it gets updated at the dealer service. For example, Rdio - a now defunct internet radio service - was deleted sometime in 2016.

When I select apps (in the car) all I get is a “connecting” emblem?

NigelDay Jan 14th, 2018 18:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by HDAV (Post 2357685)
When I select apps (in the car) all I get is a “connecting” emblem?

Have you tethered your mobile for a WiFi connection ? Alternative is to fit a SIM card in the glovebox, but I suspect you don't have this option.

HDAV Jan 14th, 2018 20:55

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by NigelDay (Post 2357694)
Have you tethered your mobile for a WiFi connection ? Alternative is to fit a SIM card in the glovebox, but I suspect you don't have this option.

Phone connected via Bluetooth yes.
I have previously had the web browser work where is the sim slot? I figured on call cars have built in sim

So if I use send to car from my phone and phone is with me, then it won’t get to the car till I do and tether the phone? Seems rather pointless as at that point I can input the destination manually.......

Bummer

Rex65 Jan 14th, 2018 21:15

SIM card goes into a holder inside the glovebox if you have VOC.
I use a wifi dongle as a data connection for the sensus system.

HDAV Jan 14th, 2018 21:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rex65 (Post 2357807)
SIM card goes into a holder inside the glovebox if you have VOC.
I use a wifi dongle as a data connection for the sensus system.

I have an old EE one I could use but what would it get me? Does the car have WiFi there was an option in the A4 not seen it in the xc60 menu