Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   140/164 Series Sales (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   volvo 145 delux estate with overdrive (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=292505)

amazondean Mar 6th, 2019 11:59

volvo 145 delux estate with overdrive

1 Attachment(s)
Very soon I will be selling my 145 estate that I have owned for some time now. I have just brought it home after being dry stored in a relatives garage for a few years. It is still in pretty remarkable condition considering it has not been painted for at least 10 years.

This is not the usual filler and paint job and is one of only a few left in this sort of condition. These cars are now extremely rare.

I will need to sort out a couple of brake calipers as they are sticking and give the interior a good clean up, but overall a very presentable car that runs with no knocks bangs rattles or clonks.

I am hoping to take it to the Volvo meet near Leicester where the world record for Volvo's is taking place. Then after that it will be for sale, as I just don't need it any more.

A very striking car that stands out in a crowd

the question is...... What is it worth. Any thoughts and ideas on this. The car is not perfect but extremely solid with good paint. The engine bay is oily dirty as the car has been used in its past.

Trying to upload pictures is the usual nightmare!!

Triple-S Mar 6th, 2019 12:20

In my reckoning the season is almost upon us to sell our classic car. Certainly after the Bruntingthorpe event: maybe get it ready and prepare window-stickers proclaiming it being for sale? Take its papers and enough for a taxi back home - cheaper than an extended period with an on-line classic car selling outlet. I say the latter because on here you are preaching to the converted (!) and you need a nationwide audience who need to be converted to classic Volvo ownership.
Hope you can get some pics on here, because as you say they don't come up for sale very often. There have been a few on ebay these last few weeks, at prices from £1k to over £10k, but I don't know success rates.
Good luck with the sale.

P

amazondean Mar 6th, 2019 12:28

ok, I think my photos are too big I will take a few later today and try again!!

john.wigley Mar 6th, 2019 13:58

I agree with 'Triple-S. As always, the car is worth what someone is prepared to pay for it. My gut says around £5K - that's what I would be prepared to spend if I was looking for one of these - but I could be wildly out!

Regards. John.

cheshired5 Mar 6th, 2019 15:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by amazondean (Post 2501555)
ok, I think my photos are too big

To save the mither of taking pictures again, just run your high quality images through one of the many free photo resizing sites then upload to here the forum friendly converted pics. :thumbs_up:

johnybungalowjohn Mar 6th, 2019 15:41

145 estate

Hi, would it be possible for you to e mail some photos of the car to
catherine.999@btinternet.com
Regards, John

amazondean Mar 6th, 2019 16:45

4 Attachment(s)
Trying again with photos. I think this will work, but I really need to clean the car up and get it looking it’s best.

amazondean Mar 6th, 2019 16:57

5 Attachment(s)
More photos, although it has been raining!

amazondean Mar 6th, 2019 17:02

5 Attachment(s)
More pictures

amazondean Mar 6th, 2019 17:17

2 Attachment(s)
The overdrive is wired into the main instrument cluster with a blue light showing OD. I took a picture but you can’t see it properly. I don’t know if this car had overdrive from the factory, but I know not many estates had it from new.

The car is also fitted with a kenlow fan as an extra, although I have never needed to use it, I think the previous keeper towed his classic van, so had it fitted just in case. There is also an oil cooler fitted in front of the radiator.

There are extra seats in the boot with arm rests, but they are far from easy to assemble and not worth the bother really.