Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   Delivery tomorrow - any tips? (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=276908)

Director76 Jan 10th, 2018 19:13

Delivery tomorrow - any tips?

Hi...big day tomorrow!

Apart from the usual condition stuff, anything I should particularly look out for please?

It’s got the towbar so I’ll be checking the bumper cut.

Unfortunately it’s a driven delivery (about 120 miles) so may be dirty and I doubt I’ll get the full dealer style handover, but I’m happy to play on my own with the manual.

Thanks all, looking forward to joining the gang for proper!

D76

(Ps sig wrong- should now say this week!!)

Lexman8 Jan 10th, 2018 20:02

Ask how Volvo on Call will be set up if you're not with a dealer at handover.

nu11eaf Jan 10th, 2018 20:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Director76 (Post 2356297)
Hi...big day tomorrow!

Apart from the usual condition stuff, anything I should particularly look out for please?

It’s got the towbar so I’ll be checking the bumper cut.

Unfortunately it’s a driven delivery (about 120 miles) so may be dirty and I doubt I’ll get the full dealer style handover, but I’m happy to play on my own with the manual.

Thanks all, looking forward to joining the gang for proper!

D76

(Ps sig wrong- should now say this week!!)

Check the towbar electrics if you can, when I got mine there was a fuse missing for the 12v permanent live. My caravan Alko stability control system did not activate when connected up as it should with ignition off, it only worked after starting car, fuse has now been fitted and it works as it should now (Alko manual says it must have a permanent live)

Director76 Jan 10th, 2018 20:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lexman8 (Post 2356322)
Ask how Volvo on Call will be set up if you're not with a dealer at handover.

OK thanks will put it in my list - do you know if that can be done over the phone or does the car have to be physically present at a dealer?

It depends I suppose whether the dealership send it with one of their drivers (who may be able to do a proper handover) or just use one of the cheap vehicle delivery companies. Our recent Tiguan lease delivery came with a VW driver who did a pretty good handover explanation of everything.

Director76 Jan 10th, 2018 20:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by nu11eaf (Post 2356324)
Check the towbar electrics if you can, when I got mine there was a fuse missing for the 12v permanent live. My caravan Alko stability control system did not activate when connected up as it should with ignition off, it only worked after starting car, fuse has now been fitted and it works as it should now (Alko manual says it must have a permanent live)

Thanks good suggestion. Won’t be able to try that one straight away unfortunately. We only tow trailers and bike rack, but I’m guessing as a ‘factory’ option any problems would be rectified at the local dealer under warranty? (Even though not fitted in the factory!)

Busa1400 Jan 10th, 2018 21:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Director76 (Post 2356344)
OK thanks will put it in my list - do you know if that can be done over the phone or does the car have to be physically present at a dealer?

It depends I suppose whether the dealership send it with one of their drivers (who may be able to do a proper handover) or just use one of the cheap vehicle delivery companies. Our recent Tiguan lease delivery came with a VW driver who did a pretty good handover explanation of everything.

No it doesn't need to be at the dealer, just login to the app, 'volvo on call' from your phone, it will ask you to register which you can do on the phone, VIN number etc to be input, press on call button in car and your away - its fairly straight forward and the app walks you through it

Jimrod Jan 11th, 2018 07:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Busa1400 (Post 2356348)
No it doesn't need to be at the dealer, just login to the app, 'volvo on call' from your phone, it will ask you to register which you can do on the phone, VIN number etc to be input, press on call button in car and your away - its fairly straight forward and the app walks you through it

I tried that yesterday and it said I needed a 4-digit pin from the dealer?

Lexman8 Jan 11th, 2018 09:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Busa1400 (Post 2356348)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimrod (Post 2356426)

When I got my car the dealer had to set it up on Volvo's system (I watched him do it, it only takes a couple of minutes) and then I went through the pairing process in the car.

nu11eaf Jan 11th, 2018 10:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimrod (Post 2356426)

The dealer emailed me my pin code a short while before delivery, you can set VOC up yourself once you have your personal pin number but the dealer usually does it as part of the hand over.

familymangreg Jan 11th, 2018 11:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by nu11eaf (Post 2356450)
The dealer emailed me my pin code a short while before delivery, you can set VOC up yourself once you have your personal pin number but the dealer usually does it as part of the hand over.

Yep. I actually received mine as a text from a Swedish country code, a couple of hours before I picked the car up.

:wq