Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   General: Lights not flashing when you set the alarm (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=61605)

V70 Owner Nov 19th, 2008 17:24

Lights not flashing when you set the alarm

Hi All,

I am new here and have a slight problem with my V70 D5 facelift version on a 54 plate. When I purchased the car about 6 weeks ago the lights would not flash when you set the alarm but would flash twice when the alarm was unset. The dealer said no problem it is just an adjustment and we will sort it,which they did. It has been working fine until I replaced the battery and now it has gone back to not flashing when you set the alarm and flashing twice when you unset it.

Has anybody heard of this before and if so how do I adjust it to flash when I set the alarm.

I forgot to mention the alarm is setting correctly and the red LED is flashing to tell me the alarm is set and working. This problem is more annoying than anything else and if possible I would like to cure this without going to the Volvo dealership.

Thanks for reading,

V70 Owner.

Nunchukhamster Nov 19th, 2008 17:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by V70 Owner (Post 426431)
Hi All,

I am new here and have a slight problem with my V70 D5 facelift version on a 54 plate. When I purchased the car about 6 weeks ago the lights would not flash when you set the alarm but would flash twice when the alarm was unset. The dealer said no problem it is just an adjustment and we will sort it,which they did. It has been working fine until I replaced the battery and now it has gone back to not flashing when you set the alarm and flashing twice when you unset it.

Has anybody heard of this before and if so how do I adjust it to flash when I set the alarm.

I forgot to mention the alarm is setting correctly and the red LED is flashing to tell me the alarm is set and working. This problem is more annoying than anything else and if possible I would like to cure this without going to the Volvo dealership.

Thanks for reading,

V70 Owner.

By battery, do you mean you changed the cars battery? If so, and I'm not taking the pish, is the bonnet shut correctly? The lights not flashing when you lock the car indicate that something is still open.

V70 Owner Nov 19th, 2008 17:36

By battery, do you mean you changed the cars battery? If so, and I'm not taking the pish, is the bonnet shut correctly? The lights not flashing when you lock the car indicate that something is still open.

Hi, yes the bonnet is shut properly. Can you think of any other reason this might happen?

Nunchukhamster Nov 19th, 2008 17:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by V70 Owner (Post 426442)
Hi, yes the bonnet is shut properly. Can you think of any other reason this might happen?

Microswitch inside one of the locks was another favourite on the earlier cars, particularly the boot lock.

V70 Owner Nov 19th, 2008 17:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nunchukhamster (Post 426446)
Microswitch inside one of the locks was another favourite on the earlier cars, particularly the boot lock.

How would I check to see if it is a microswitch? Sorry to sound dense I am new to to this.:thumbs_up:

dave4542 Nov 19th, 2008 17:52

Hi V70 and welcome.

I have a V50 and have just changed the settings.......i'm not sure if you can do yours the same.....but here goes.....in the centre consul push the menu button and then scrol down to settings (i think)....push enter button and scroll down to alarm settings..........you then get several options....when you get to the setting you wish press enter......and that's it........i am going by memory but hopefully not too in correct......hope that helps.

Dave

V70 Owner Nov 19th, 2008 17:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by dave4542 (Post 426456)
Hi V70 and welcome.

I have a V50 and have just changed the settings.......i'm not sure if you can do yours the same.....but here goes.....in the centre consul push the menu button and then scrol down to settings (i think)....push enter button and scroll down to alarm settings..........you then get several options....when you get to the setting you wish press enter......and that's it........i am going by memory but hopefully not too in correct......hope that helps.

Dave

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the info, I will try to see if I can change the settings for the alarm from the centre consul. Lets hope the fix will be that easy.
:thumbs_up:

V70 Owner.

tingy Nov 19th, 2008 18:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by dave4542 (Post 426456)
Hi V70 and welcome.

Dave

i think you are referring to the menu in the newer model dash

http://cdn.motors.co.uk/d/motors/car...voV70-dash.jpg <-this 1

as that menu is only available in the new shape P3 v70 and wont work in the older cars like this 1;

http://www.familycar.com/RoadTests/V...2005/Stack.jpg

dave4542 Nov 19th, 2008 18:02

Thingy ...you could well be right.......like i say wasn't sure of the model differences.

All the best

Dave

glider Nov 20th, 2008 15:01

Lights not flashing when alarm set.

V70 owner- my S60 does this if the bonnet is not completely locked ON BOTH SIDES. Check by trying to lift the bonnet on each side, just above the headlamp. There are two hooks holding the bonnet shut. It sometimes looks locked, but if you can pull one side up slightly, then that side isn't locked and causes the lights not to flash when pressing remote.