Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   What trim level would I need XC60/XC40 (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=292873)

HDAV Mar 15th, 2019 18:23

What trim level would I need XC60/XC40

I have a run out 17 (old shape) xc60 D4 manual redesign lux nav....

Have a chance to change in 6 months or so or keep the car for another 3+ years

Current car is fwd manual full leather and would like auto on the next along with adaptive cruise, nav and the blind spot warning etc all appoints I wasn’t able to spec on mine as it was a dealer order and the mrs wants a pano roof

I don’t think the £££ stack up but interested as to which trim level would be suitable without loosing the kit I have but enhancing the spec.

jamei305 Mar 16th, 2019 06:43

Nav is standard across the range and auto, adaptive cruise, blind spot warning (BLIS) are all options, and for these the trim level is irrelevant.

For the XC40 leather seats are on the R-Design and Inscription trims, and leather is standard on the XC60. However the style of leather varies so you'll want to check that out.

On both models adaptive cruise is part of the "intellisafe pro" pack and can't be specced on its own. BLIS is also included with the intellisafe pro pack on both models.

HDAV Mar 16th, 2019 17:40

Ok so it looks like any car with intellisafe and leather will fit the bill.

DangerMUK Mar 16th, 2019 21:08

Is this for a new car? A lot of people just say to get Momentum and spec up the bits you need, obviously if you spec too much then it becomes a choice of getting Inscription or R-Design.

If its for a second hand car or nearly new car, you find a lot of them quite well kitted as it is, so might be worth a good search through Volvo Selekt?

encroute Mar 17th, 2019 01:39

Xenium pack will give you the panoramic roof and 360 camera (And parking assist, but meh...)

jamei305 Mar 17th, 2019 08:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by DangerMUK (Post 2504903)
Is this for a new car? A lot of people just say to get Momentum and spec up the bits you need, obviously if you spec too much then it becomes a choice of getting Inscription or R-Design.

That's not really how it works, most big extras are not included on any trim level. Adaptive cruise, panoramic roof, winter packs etc are always options.

Inscription is basically Momentum with some "luxury" bits (driftwood inlays, more chrome trim). R-Design is basically Momentum with some "sporty" bits (sports pedals and black trim) and also different seats and firmer suspension.

jonnyu Mar 18th, 2019 16:48

If you are coming from a lux version, your best bet is the Inscription trim.
With more extras, the pro version.

encroute Mar 19th, 2019 01:26

Some options like Heated Steering Wheel, Bending Headlights, Metal Mesh inlays, Laminated side/Rear windows are not available options on the basic Momentum.