Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   LPG, CNG & LNG - General Info and Issues (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=183)
-   -   Marreli...... (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=245249)

4candles Feb 21st, 2016 18:57

Marreli......

Purchased a V70 170hp auto with a Marreli system fitted, is this related to the ever so reliable Italian electronics giant Magnetti Marreli?

Have i made a boo boo?

volvoid Feb 21st, 2016 21:56

It will be fine while it works :)

Clan Feb 21st, 2016 22:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4candles (Post 2064246)
Purchased a V70 170hp auto with a Marreli system fitted, is this related to the ever so reliable Italian electronics giant Magnetti Marreli?

Have i made a boo boo?

No it isnt a Magnetti Marelli system , just the electronic throttle ... the rest is Bosch . same throttle as used on Ferrari and Lamourghini , but they use two per engine !

4candles Feb 21st, 2016 23:28

Sorry, i meant i have a V70 with a Marreli LPG kit fitted....

I'm aware the oem ETM is produced my Magnetti Marreli.

My question to Lpg buffs is whether this brand of system is good, bad or indifferent?

I understand i could just have the Marreli ECU with other branded sensors/injectors/Vapouriser fitted, what would be good brands for these?

I also have a laptop USB interface lead with the instruction for getting OSCAR'n' software from the Marreli web page, suppose this is for tuning the fuel trims.

classicswede Feb 22nd, 2016 18:06

There is no such LPG system as Marelli just so you know.

The isntaller who was based around Preston used to peel th original Oscar labels off and stick on the "Marelli" ones he had made up. The guy is no longer trading but the system you have is a decent Oscar system from Poland

4candles Feb 22nd, 2016 21:13

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks for that, i sort of came to that conclusion after a bit of surfing last night, i haven't actually run it on LPG yet.
The prevous owner mentioned that it sometimes refused to accept a full tank of gas but i've yet to investigate what's causing that, i'm thinking pressure sensor but it's all new to me at the moment.

I did not pay a premium for the car just because it has LPG so if it's duff i'm not out of pocket.

Gonna try and fill gas tank this week so i've got first hand experience of the issue.:thumbs_up:

Attachment 93667

volvoid Feb 23rd, 2016 07:08

Can never completely fill the tank, get a certain pressure and thats it, have to leave space for vapour expansion.
Dodgy fuel guage seems normal, live with it

Didnt pay extra - Good find

4candles Feb 23rd, 2016 14:03

Yes, i'm aware of the capacity of tanks and the percentage of volume needed for expansion/safety but i think the problem cited by the vendor was an issue filling from empty...

On this basis i bought it non-working and made an offer based on just the standard car which was accepted. :thumbs_up:

It needs some bushes and a bearing or two but the engine seems sweet and the autobox is silky and obedient, which is nice.

classicswede Feb 23rd, 2016 23:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by volvoid (Post 2065167)
Can never completely fill the tank, get a certain pressure and thats it, have to leave space for vapour expansion.
Dodgy fuel guage seems normal, live with it

Didnt pay extra - Good find

Not pressure, the pressure only drops when there is no liquid left and only vapour in the tank. It just fills to around 80% of the tank volume

volvoid Feb 23rd, 2016 23:45

how does it do that then ? float valve to shut off ?
I suppose Im asking - what is in an lpg tank, apart from fuel