Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   Diesel Engines (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   Haynes Manual for 2.4TIC? (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=329608)

martin calva Dec 19th, 2022 22:01

Haynes Manual for 2.4TIC?

I have a Volvo 940 diesel D24TIC .

I have the Haynes manual for the 940 which covers most aspects of the car except for the engine. My understanding is that the engine was produced by Volkswagen.

My question: Is there a Haynes manual that covers a Volkswagen car that uses this engine? If so, are there any significant differences in the version fitted to a Volvo 940?

Martin

Baffler Dec 20th, 2022 14:31

Volvo Green Book # V97000164 ( for example ) ...if still available from Volvo.

Also see D24T.com

jpliddy Dec 20th, 2022 17:09

940 TIC auto 1995

thanks i have that book very handy, for basic stuff like glow plug testing, coolant changes ,etc

jpliddy Dec 20th, 2022 17:34

940 TIC auto 1995

yes VW engine Martin ,its a light commercial engine so very robust for a car
but does need oil ,and filter ,air filter, fuel filter, at correct times ,with some TLC these engines will go on and on, bit noisy on start up ,,change glow plugs 5/6 years , it will start with 1st turn of the key every time ,if timing is correct too
im a fan , but not loved by every one got a few friends on the forum who love them too ,any advice we can give to keep the D24s rolling please ask
regards jim

martin calva Dec 22nd, 2022 00:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpliddy (Post 2866198)
yes VW engine Martin ,its a light commercial engine so very robust for a car
but does need oil ,and filter ,air filter, fuel filter, at correct times ,with some TLC these engines will go on and on, bit noisy on start up ,,change glow plugs 5/6 years , it will start with 1st turn of the key every time ,if timing is correct too
im a fan , but not loved by every one got a few friends on the forum who love them too ,any advice we can give to keep the D24s rolling please ask
regards jim

Thanks Jim,
Mine has done 550,000 km (250,000 in my ownership) and so far as I know has never had the head off. It starts instantly. I changed the glowplugs a couple of times.

When I got the car, it was lacking torque and stalled easily. I got a garage to tweak it and it ran much better. It seems to be lacking a bit of power now but I'm not sure how to check it.

Thanks
Martin

J liddy Dec 26th, 2022 22:12

Lack of power bit beyond me unless it's the throttle cable rod needs a little adjustment mine was not pulling well on acceleration after garage had finally fixed /replaced throttle shaft seal leaking. A good lad was able to adjust the hex rod which did give me more power but the kickdown comes on even when I haven't floored it which I rarely do .it could do with adjustment back a little but I'm guessing