Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   Events and Meetings (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Track Day (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=19901)

Georgey dee May 23rd, 2006 19:45

Track Day

I am in the process of organising a track day at RAF Marham in norfolk. We have had two now and mine is the only volvo thier as it is the safety car. Would like to see some other volvos on the next event. It is planned for early sept 06, it is and an opperational fast jet airbase so the surface is very good, all the run offs are very safe (my mate went off at 110mph and no damage at all!) and the cost is minimal as it is for charity (£60 quid for a full day!) that's a 4 mile lap and as many laps as you can squeese in! visit www.playtoymotorsport.com for the vid of my 854R doing a lap. please post interest and wether you want to do one day or all weekend.
I will post definite days and details soon but i'm after some rough numbers for now. TA!

Chris_C May 23rd, 2006 22:05

Whats the sort of format? And would I be welcome, I have a stock engined 1.7 300 (although might have finished my 1.8T conversion on my main 300 by then, you never know)

Basically, dead keen depending on when it is, which would also affect whether I could do 1 or 2 days.

Georgey dee May 24th, 2006 23:22

Of course you'll be welcome, we have all sorts turn up, we had a MGA 1.6 and that had loads of fun. The format is normally after a drivers brief you'll have a lap following the safety car (850R) and then your off for a 20-30 min session, that's as many or as few as you want to fit in, you can come in and go out at any time during the session. There are normally 4-5 sessions in a half day and that normally is enough and there are two days of track action!

Alec Dawe May 25th, 2006 07:34

Wouldn't want to risk my old 240, but would love to come to spectate.
Marham is only about 30 miles or so from me, would I have to pay the full £60, or is there a different rate just to watch?
What about filming, video. Being an operational RAF base, I assume that there would be restrictions on filming or a completet ban.
Do you have any information about this?

Chris_C May 25th, 2006 11:42

Grand stuff. I'll not say I confirmed yes, more people speak regarding dates and such, but sounds like a great day/weekend (tempted to make it a weekend, it'll be a vague amount of driving for me)

I'll watch this space!

ebdl May 25th, 2006 17:17

In principle I'm interested, but I don't know this far in advance whether or not I'll be able to make it on the day. I'd probably have a better idea a month or so before the event.

Cheers, Ed

Georgey dee May 27th, 2006 19:35

there are spectators allowed but you have to be attached to a paying driver, as for photos, as long as you are filming the trackday then there are no restrictions on film or photo. I'll confirm the final dates as soon as i get them but it should be in early sept. See you there!

Chris_C May 27th, 2006 23:34

Chances are I'm gonna have to say no before it's started, theres a slight chance I may be driving to India at that point now, although it's only slight, so I'll watch this thread!

MissDMeanor May 27th, 2006 23:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris_C
Chances are I'm gonna have to say no before it's started, theres a slight chance I may be driving to India at that point now, although it's only slight, so I'll watch this thread!

Driving to India?:omg_smile: That sounds exciting.....what's that all about if you don't mind me asking?:)

Chris_C May 27th, 2006 23:40

As I said, it's only a possibility, but got an email through my motorclub by a group who organise a lot of the endurance rallies, and asked if two of us would check a route they want to run, London to India :D

At the moment I don't know anything about it, but could be the chance of a lifetime!