Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   700/900 Series Sales (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=176)
-   -   740 for sale 1989 (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=65025)

Monkigv Jan 22nd, 2009 15:33

740 for sale 1989

1 Attachment(s)
Volvo 740 GL. 2L(B200E). 1989. F reg. Mot until Oct 2009. Very good condition. Dark grey metallic. 188,000miles. Well looked after. Heated seats /mirrors. Electric windows/mirrors. Central locking. I have all the MOT certificates and the original keys and handbook. £120. My wife has loved and driven this car for nearly 20 years and would like it to go to a good home. I recently replaced brake discs, pads, calipers and brake hoses because the car was to be given to our daughter (who still wants it). However she has had to go away for a year and we have nowhere to store it. Swansea.

Velorum Jan 22nd, 2009 16:29

Looks very good for the price.

Good luck with the sale!

James_N Jan 22nd, 2009 16:57

Hi

Along as its in good mechanical condition and will get me back to stafford, I will have it. I can tell by the one picture, its in good nick.

I will have to email / call you with regards to collecting it. As ive got to work this weekend. My days off are few and far between, but leave it with me, and i'll get back to you later.

Where do i stand with tax if i was to drive it back to stafford? would this be do-able? Interior is in ok condition i presume? Do the gauges work ok?

Im at work now till half 9, so if i dont reply immediatly, i will do when i get home.

Cheers

Monkigv Jan 23rd, 2009 11:25

There are no mechanical problems and there are four good tyres. I am confident you would have no problems driving home. A small part of the headlining is a bit droopy and the fuel gauge has a sense of humour. A loose wire, I think, on the tank sender that I have never got around to repairing. My wife has always just topped up with petrol every 200 miles (even when the gauge was working). The interior, seats, carpets etc. is in good condition and both heated seats work.
The car is not insured at present. To tax the car you would need to insure it in your name. Then take the insurance document / MOT / reg details to a post office. I would not be happy for you to drive it to Stafford without tax.

Monkigv Jan 23rd, 2009 11:34

More info about the car.

2 Attachment(s)
Hi, I have another photo and a list of all maintenance.

James_N Jan 23rd, 2009 12:08

Hi

Im still very interested in the car but it doesnt look like i'll be able to get it back, so good luck with the sale :)

cumbrianmale Jan 23rd, 2009 14:00

If you can transfer your Ins. cover to the car then you can tax it at the PO just fill in the V5 and they will issue the tax and send the V5 away to have it transferred to you.

I have done this in the past.

torsten Jan 23rd, 2009 15:26

I've pm'd

James_N Jan 23rd, 2009 15:46

I might be able to borrow some trade plates but id have to get back to you on this. In the meantime, If torsten wants it, then i guess im too late.

Monkigv Jan 24th, 2009 12:18

Sorry

Hi, There has been a great deal of interest in my Volvo, so please accept by apologies if I do not get back to everyone immediately.