Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=112)
-   -   What did you do to your S80/V70/XC70 today? (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=251835)

tt82 Jun 24th, 2016 20:55

Wash
De tar
Wash
Clay Bar
Polish
Wax
Black trim dressed

Ready to win the BKV now! :D

RM955I Jun 28th, 2016 20:48

icarsoft i906

I snapped one of these up used on eBay for £56! I was expecting the usual eBay bidding war but no! I got it.

This evening I read all modules, cleared a load of stored DTCs and best of all, all I had to do was take it out of the box, run an update, plug it in and bingo...no messing about with virtual machines, registry hacks or buying "Pro" copies of Windows. I plugged it in...it worked and with no need to even read the instructions. Fantastic. It also gives live data streams which is useful.

I know it doesn't have all of the functionality of VIDA/DICE but it's so easy and hassle free.

Now I've cleared everything I can check it in a week just to check everything. The only thing that jumped out at me was a low turbo boost DTC but there's no engine check light on and it might explain why I found a receipt in the pile that came with it, for a new turbo hose.

Mikeredshaw Jul 15th, 2016 19:37

Filled it to the brim with all the stuff I'd collected teaching in the same school, ready to transport some of it to my new job.
Felt good!
:-)

Mikeredshaw Jul 15th, 2016 19:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikeredshaw (Post 2140326)
Filled it to the brim with all the stuff I'd collected teaching in the same school, ready to transport some of it to my new job.
Felt good!
:-)

ha ha ... meant to say teaching in the same school for the last 22 years!

MercedesDriver Jul 15th, 2016 20:48

Wheels balance and alignment. Now it's much better car than it was yesterday.

tt82 Jul 15th, 2016 22:10

I think it would be better if I stated what I haven't done!

Sasha94 Jul 15th, 2016 22:23

I sold it :D

Thank god!!

RM955I Jul 19th, 2016 21:37

Went over it with my Bilt Hamber clay bar - just use with water: no over-priced 'clay bar lubricant' needed. Does exactly what it says - gets reddish brown streaks as it lifts contaminants out of the paint. You can feel the paint getting smoother with each successive pass. Gave it a quick wash and then waxed it.

Only £11 and worth every penny compared to the over-priced stuff in Halfords. Other (cheap) clay bars have 'marred' the paint on other cars in the past meaning you have to follow with a polish - not this stuff. Use it, wash the car, wax - job done.

Now the paint has that lovely glass feeling under the fingertips...I'm not one of those saddo 'detailers' but I do love that glass smooth feel when you run your fingers over a freshly clay-ed car. Finish with a coat of wax (Turtle Original Hardshell - because that's what I have had knocking around: that or Ice wax) and it's gleaming.

I keep hearing good things about the Autoglym wax.....but £45 quid for a small pot! You must be joking.

tt82 Jul 27th, 2016 13:30

Well in the last 3 weeks I have replaced the Turbo > Intercooler and Intercooler > Intake Boost pipes with do88 silicon pipes and Mikalor clamps. I also replaced the Turbo Resanator pipes with do88 silicon pipes. I have replaced the pressure sensor on the intercooler. Whilst having half of the front of the car dismantled, I gave everything a good clean and addressed the rust issues on the bottom radiator support.

At the same time I also removed the pipe leading from the EGR valve to Intake Manifold and removed all the gunk. I also cleaned up the EGR valve at the same time and did what I could with the intake manifold.

After reassembling everything I had an issue with hot running which turned out to be the radiator fans not working. Cleaned the connections and all was good.

Then last Friday the battery failed. I've now fitted a Bosch S5 010 battery.

It's been a busy and expensive few weeks.

Billggski Aug 3rd, 2016 08:35

Having bought a 64gb usb stick to download the sat nav update. It Worked eventually although the main dealer hadn't a clue.
I thought I would use it to store my cd's and play them through the infotainment system
500 CD's later I have only used one third of it's capacity!
So that's 1,500 albums in a device smaller than my thumbnail!
My wife can't now complain that she hasn't got anything to listen to in the car! ��