Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   Driving Mode Presets (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=270613)

Mik Miles Jul 20th, 2017 19:23

Driving Mode Presets

On my V90, although in "Settings" on the centre display I've set "Driving Mode at Start Up" to "Dynamic", the car is always in "Comfort Mode" when I start it up, and I have to set to "Dynamic" mode manually through the silver knob.
So, what does "Driving Mode at Start-Up" mean? Is there actually a way I can get the car to start up in "Dynamic" mode, to save me a chore before driving away? Any ideas? Thanks.

Clan Jul 20th, 2017 21:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mik Miles (Post 2299458)
On my V90, although in "Settings" on the centre display I've set "Driving Mode at Start Up" to "Dynamic", the car is always in "Comfort Mode" when I start it up, and I have to set to "Dynamic" mode manually through the silver knob.
So, what does "Driving Mode at Start-Up" mean? Is there actually a way I can get the car to start up in "Dynamic" mode, to save me a chore before driving away? Any ideas? Thanks.

try altering the setting again , then turn the ignition off get out and lock it up , it saves settings at this point usually .

Mik Miles Jul 23rd, 2017 11:56

V90 Drive Mode Preset

Hi Clan - Thanks for the suggestion, which I've now tried. Sadly, still no automatic selection of preset drive mode at start up (defaults to "Comfort"). I'm now thinking that the selection of a drive mode preset in "Settings" simply makes that choice available in the display on starting up, and the mode you want then has to be selected manually using the silver selection control. Thanks again.

Clan Jul 23rd, 2017 12:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mik Miles (Post 2300472)
Hi Clan - Thanks for the suggestion, which I've now tried. Sadly, still no automatic selection of preset drive mode at start up (defaults to "Comfort"). I'm now thinking that the selection of a drive mode preset in "Settings" simply makes that choice available in the display on starting up, and the mode you want then has to be selected manually using the silver selection control. Thanks again.

You are probably right , if there were several different drivers , it would always be best to set off in comfort rather than something unexpected like Dynamic :-)
I wonder if you can store it in your own personal driver mode which can be saved on the key as it were ...

berrymanuk Jul 23rd, 2017 22:02

I asked this from an engineer friend of mine; it starts in Comfort by design as the emissions are certified in this setting. A few of them have been pushing to have it changed, but its not progressed anywhere.

Same as I put a suggestion in to switch the gearbox mode to Dynamic when moving the selector to the left - a la TF-80SC style - which it originally did, before someone thought about those who tow trailers and caravans.