Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   700/900 Series Sales (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=176)
-   -   Grey cloth seats (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=316685)

360beast May 9th, 2021 08:07

Grey cloth seats

Front cloth seats in good condition from a 1991 940 GL, I will upload photos later once they're out.

£80 for the pair collected from Worcester or Birmingham.

They need to go ASAP as I can't store them and the owner can't either so they will only be available for a short time or they go in the dump.

Ian21401 May 9th, 2021 10:05

Hello Luke,
I would really like a driver’s seat but there is no way that I could collect, SO,
If they aren’t sold and are going to be dumped could you remove the seat belt buckles for me. I think that on that year the buckles were connected to a Mechanical Pre Tensioner device by a clevis pin and a starlock washer. My driver’s buckle is failing and I would like to replace it. I removed mine last week to fiddle with it ( successfully for now ) (I will be writing it up soon ) and it is possible without endangering oneself by interfering with the pre tensioner device. The driver’s side has wiring attached for the seat belt warning indicator.
Thanks.

360beast May 9th, 2021 10:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian21401 (Post 2735431)
Hello Luke,
I would really like a driver’s seat but there is no way that I could collect, SO,
If they aren’t sold and are going to be dumped could you remove the seat belt buckles for me. I think that on that year the buckles were connected to a Mechanical Pre Tensioner device by a clevis pin and a starlock washer. My driver’s buckle is failing and I would like to replace it. I removed mine last week to fiddle with it ( successfully for now ) (I will be writing it up soon ) and it is possible without endangering oneself by interfering with the pre tensioner device. The driver’s side has wiring attached for the seat belt warning indicator.
Thanks.

I think the buckles might need to be used on the new seats Ian sorry. The car isn't mine so I've got no control over any of it, I just know if I don't advertise them the customer won't do anything about it and they will end up being left at my place.

Ian21401 May 9th, 2021 13:31

Thanks Luke and understood.

360beast May 9th, 2021 16:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian21401 (Post 2735477)
Thanks Luke and understood.

We have used the buckles that are on the half leathers instead, the red parts of the buckles are broken so I had fitted black 3d printed ones which haven't faired very well even only after being used a few times they have come off.

taiwan740 May 12th, 2021 22:59

Are they heated? Not that it really matters I suppose...

360beast May 13th, 2021 08:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by taiwan740 (Post 2736591)
Are they heated? Not that it really matters I suppose...

All 900 series UK spec seats are heated.