Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   PV Restoration of PV544 video (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=319929)

adarvasi Sep 13th, 2021 22:46

Restoration of PV544 video

Hello friends,

I have made a video documenting the two year restoration process of my 1962 PV544. I am moving from Mexico to Chile, and cannot take the car, so I have to sell it. Sad thing after all the work done.
Since restoration the car has been run for about 1,000 miles, it has no issues and I tested it at 95 mph, no vibration or strange noises.
The video lasts 16.5 minutes, hope you enjoy it

https://youtu.be/vQ4RQ2ZFX4U

Army Sep 14th, 2021 08:09

Shame you have to sell it for the move.

Is it difficult to import cars in Chille?

adarvasi Sep 14th, 2021 10:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Army (Post 2770312)
Shame you have to sell it for the move.

Is it difficult to import cars in Chille?

Hi Army, it is possible to inport used cars under certain very specific conditions, but economically it does not make much sense

Army Sep 14th, 2021 13:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by adarvasi (Post 2770340)
Hi Army, it is possible to inport used cars under certain very specific conditions, but economically it does not make much sense

Sorry to hear that.

People here in Europe are (near as damn it) constantly off to the Americas and other parts of the world such as Japan buying old cars and importing them.

The costs aren't too bad here - in so much that the purchase price of old American iron, for example, here is high enough to support the purchase price in the originating counrty, the cost of the shipping and the import duties.

Loads of US classics are brought into Holland every year - they are mostly sold with "import dudties paid" but leave the puchaser to sort out the registration (I think cos often they don't always stay in Holland and might go elsewhere in the EU)

They even "bring back" european models from (supposed dry states)

Salop Farmer Sep 14th, 2021 17:24

Adarvasi you must be gutted having to sell your beautifully restored 544. I know I would be, so much so I would have to reconsider moving!! Hey that’s me ! Well I hope you have enjoyed your 12 months with the car. You never know you may just drop on another in Chile. I for one have enjoyed your posts and photos and the high standard of the restoration has inspired me over the last year. Am now at the painting stage on my car and am pretty sure I am already over my 4K budget. Good luck with the move.

Army Sep 24th, 2021 11:14

Has some lucky sod become the new owner yet?

adarvasi Sep 28th, 2021 11:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Army (Post 2773032)
Has some lucky sod become the new owner yet?

No Army, nothing yet! I will probable put ir up for auction in the US in a few days

Derek UK Sep 28th, 2021 16:02

You could try putting it up on Bringatrailer maybe? You will have to be willing to answer questions during the period it's up for bids. Good cars can make good money on this site.

adarvasi Oct 22nd, 2021 03:33

Hello Derek, Indeed it’s a good site. I was traveling the last two weeks thus my delay in answering. I am in the process of uploading photos and info to see if they will take the car with a minimum. Thank you for your advice.

Army Oct 22nd, 2021 11:03

I hope you get a good price for the car. On the videos and pictures it looks like a very nice example...

...here in Holland there are a few auction sites that seem to persistently offer classic cars for sale.

These numpties fill the classified adverts with false hope - pricing the car in the classified ad with the starting bid - pain in the arse - I sure wish I could refine search results to exclude these numpties from my search results - but I digress - the point is there might / should / could be American continent based online-auction sites that will help you sell (in addition to what has already been suggested)