Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   700/900 Series Sales (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=176)
-   -   1988 740GLE Estate (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=73281)

Volvo Val May 28th, 2009 14:07

1988 740GLE Estate

I have been a member of the VOC for some years but have never contributed to the Forums. Now, I have the very sad job of selling our faithful Volvo. Here are some details.

One owner from new. Regularly serviced, always garaged. Never any problems – always runs well, no problem with bad starting in wet or cold weather. All original and in good condition. No rust anywhere. All underneath coated with StoneGuard. Never been in an accident. A good, all-round classic car.

Black with maroon leather seats. Maroon carpet. Original colour-match plastic floor mats. Five seats and belts. Front seats heated. Back seats fold down in three different options. Black plastic cargo box. Fitted dog guard. Power windows and wing mirrors. PAS. Wheels are good but need re-surfacing. Mileage left on tyres. Original spare has never been used, and has new tyre. Original jack and fitted tools. Manual sliding sunroof – two opening positions. Phillips radio/cassette as fitted new. 87,600 genuine miles – car was used as “Sunday car” for years, as works vehicles were used during week. All paperwork over the years with car.

‘Bad bits’ – plastic pockets in front door cards are damaged. Outside temperature gauge doesn’t always work. Some dash light bulbs need replacing. Cassette doesn’t work, although the radio does.

Reason for sale: We “collect” classic American cars and now have too many vehicles! Volvo MUST go to kind owner who will look after her as we have done.

Photographs available. Any inspection invited.

tom kingsnorth May 29th, 2009 09:28

Hi am interested in your 740 estate can you tell me is it auto or manual also how much are you looking for? also what part of the country do you live? Thank you Tom.....

tom kingsnorth May 29th, 2009 09:30

Hi am interested in your 740 estate can you tell me is it auto or manual also how much are you looking for? also what part of the country do you live? Thank you Tom.....my e.mail address is tom-ed@mypostoffice.co.uk

CharlesStevenson May 29th, 2009 11:23

also, when does the MOT expire?

cumbrianmale May 29th, 2009 13:12

Banff is North Scotland between Elgin and Fraserburgh

Volvo Val May 31st, 2009 11:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlesStevenson (Post 511042)
also, when does the MOT expire?

MoT and tax 'till May 2010.

learngolf May 31st, 2009 15:09

what price region

Hi, what price region are you thinking, and is the the 2.3 engine? manual or auto?

CharlesStevenson May 31st, 2009 20:41

thanks, sounds nice but you're waaaay tooo far away from me.

Hope it sells for you

rgds

Volvo Val Jun 1st, 2009 06:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by learngolf (Post 511857)
Hi, what price region are you thinking, and is the the 2.3 engine? manual or auto?

We are hoping for something as near £1,000 as possible, but sensible offers invited. Yes, it is the 2.3 manual.

CharlesStevenson Jun 1st, 2009 19:58

A thousand pounds! Are you havin' a laugh?

Have you seen the price in autotrader or ebay recently?!!

You can buy 3 for that price and have change!