Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   Events and Meetings (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Out and about after lockdown (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=315134)

Groundes-Peace Mar 14th, 2021 20:16

Out and about after lockdown

When are people going to be out and about in their pride and joy vehicles?
Is it the second half of May, or second half of June, or second half of 2021?

Let us be positive, if only for informal meets....

Laird Scooby Mar 14th, 2021 21:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Groundes-Peace (Post 2718310)
When are people going to be out and about in their pride and joy vehicles?
Is it the second half of May, or second half of June, or second half of 2021?

Let us be positive, if only for informal meets....

Someone on another forum seems to think meets of up to 6 people are possible from the 12th April, i'm not so sure as nobody seems to have done a "bullet points" thing of when we can start behaving like normal human beings again instead of criminals under house-arrest.

Do i sound bitter about the Kung Flu? :tongwink: Oops! :laughing-smiley-018

Joking aside though, i've suggested to the person on the other forum we might be better waiting until we can meet without any encumbrance of restricted numbers etc and not having to wear stupid masks.

Other than that i'd suggest a few "accidental on purpose" meets where everyone just happened to be in the same place at the same time, especially if the numbers are above 6 - difficult for the Lurgy Gestapo to prove anything that way!

ITSv40 Mar 15th, 2021 15:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laird Scooby (Post 2718338)
Someone on another forum seems to think meets of up to 6 people are possible from the 12th April, i'm not so sure as nobody seems to have done a "bullet points" thing of when we can start behaving like normal human beings again instead of criminals under house-arrest.

Do i sound bitter about the Kung Flu? :tongwink: Oops! :laughing-smiley-018

Joking aside though, i've suggested to the person on the other forum we might be better waiting until we can meet without any encumbrance of restricted numbers etc and not having to wear stupid masks.

Other than that i'd suggest a few "accidental on purpose" meets where everyone just happened to be in the same place at the same time, especially if the numbers are above 6 - difficult for the Lurgy Gestapo to prove anything that way!

Just make sure someone arrives with a hearse, then you can have up to 30 attending the wake. :)

I will be out and about in the cars from 29 March, but not attending events until the rule of 30 has been withdrawn - so suspect it will be the second half of June.

Laird Scooby Mar 15th, 2021 17:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by ITSv40 (Post 2718528)
Just make sure someone arrives with a hearse, then you can have up to 30 attending the wake. :)

I'm not sure if anyone has a hearse on that forum, i know of one or two stretched limos and a double-header car but no hearses. Maybe we can find one somehow though.....

ITSv40 Mar 15th, 2021 18:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laird Scooby (Post 2718580)
I'm not sure if anyone has a hearse on that forum, i know of one or two stretched limos and a double-header car but no hearses. Maybe we can find one somehow though.....

Any old hearse will do, so it must be possible to find one somewhere. Just make sure it has a good body.

An alternative would be a wedding car, but then, you may end up having to marry one of the attendees in order to hold a reception. I think a hearse is favourite. :)

Laird Scooby Mar 15th, 2021 21:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by ITSv40 (Post 2718636)
Any old hearse will do, so it must be possible to find one somewhere. Just make sure it has a good body.

Yes - but whose body? :err: :thinking:

As for a wedding car, if memory serves one of the stretched limos is white so we could get away with that. :thumbs_up:

DrKert Mar 27th, 2021 11:08

Any more news for this.. I've been waiting for what seems like years.. sorry it has been a year locked in the house.. :confused_smile:

Wagon Sailor Apr 9th, 2021 09:09

1 Attachment(s)
And I thought this would be a nice chat about days out ...

Mint Cake Apr 9th, 2021 10:26

Plans for the Big Trip out are firmly in place.
Collect car from local Car Hire place (asked for XC90, so fingers crossed).
Collect sprog from school and drive to Lands End.
Stay overnight at hotel and wake up in time for sunrise.
Get in car (hopefully XC90, keeping thread On T) and drive John O Groats.
Watch sunset at John O Groats.
Sleep well in hotel !!
Next morning drove a few miles to Dunnet Head to watch the birds flying backwards (if you've been, you'll understand).
Set off back home, stopping off at 2 or 3 distilleries on the way.
Get home with big smile on face, bearing gifts from Cornwall and Scotland.

Return hire car the next day, get back into my V90 and return to reality.

The cars booked, the hotels booked and the route is in place -- all I need to do is keep my fingers crossed that the traffice fairies are kind and that Wee Jimmy Krankie has lifted the restrictions on entering Scotland by the end of June.

68jackh Apr 9th, 2021 11:16

Well said admin. I'm off to the Volvo Big meet but unfortunately I'll be without my Amazon as its in for a full strip back to bare metal and respray. Hope to see some of you there.
Jack