Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   200 Series General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   One less Volvo 240 (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=313295)

cross-Member Jan 14th, 2021 04:51

One less Volvo 240

I'm very sorry Volvo owners, I have decreased the Volvo 240 estate population by one. My Own. Some hours ago I slid on ice and stuffed it into a a raised stone bit where it still lies.
I loved that car but unfortunately I have almost zero money so I won't be able to be a Volvo owner again.
Thanks to all of you for helping me out/having a laugh/just whatever.

Cross-Member

Othen Jan 14th, 2021 06:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by cross-Member (Post 2698219)
I'm very sorry Volvo owners, I have decreased the Volvo 240 estate population by one. My Own. Some hours ago I slid on ice and stuffed it into a a raised stone bit where it still lies.
I loved that car but unfortunately I have almost zero money so I won't be able to be a Volvo owner again.
Thanks to all of you for helping me out/having a laugh/just whatever.

Cross-Member

I'm sorry to hear that; I trust you and your passengers were not injured?
Alan

cross-Member Jan 14th, 2021 10:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Othen (Post 2698222)
I'm sorry to hear that; I trust you and your passengers were not injured?
Alan

Thanks Alan. I was just I in the car and I'm fine.

volvo always Jan 14th, 2021 18:08

Glad your ok. Couldn't you buy it back from the insurance company and repair the damage.? How badly damaged is it? Used parts would fix it.

James:thumbs_up:

cross-Member Jan 14th, 2021 19:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by volvo always (Post 2698436)
Glad your ok. Couldn't you buy it back from the insurance company and repair the damage.? How badly damaged is it? Used parts would fix it.

James:thumbs_up:

Thanks James. It's bad or worse. One front wheel has moved back over a foot, the whole side is shredded. SOlid Scottish rock is a worthy adversary.
I have it back out the back. From whence I dragged it a couple of years ago to put it on the road. Aye...

AndrewBrown Jan 15th, 2021 12:32

Could you post some photos of the car's condition?

some damage actually looks worse than it is, somebody might want to repair it

the wheel moved back could be just a bent strut or broken/wishbone with a bit of luck

you could break it for parts if it cant be repaired

I'm sure people on here would snap up the parts and help your financial situation
which is identical to mine by the sound of it....I'm skint too

XC90Mk1 Jan 15th, 2021 14:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewBrown (Post 2698735)

the wheel moved back could be just a bent strut or broken/wishbone with a bit of luck

I'm sure people on here would snap up the parts and help your financial situation

One wheel has moved over a foot and the side is shredded.

Probably time to let her go....

cross-Member Jan 15th, 2021 14:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewBrown (Post 2698735)

It's back with me now but I'd rather not be taking pictures of it Andrew if that's Ok. I will strip it, maybe keep some parts and sell others. I'm sstill daydreaming about getting another...
Cheers.

XC90Mk1 Jan 15th, 2021 14:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by cross-Member (Post 2698774)
It's back with me now but I'd rather not be taking pictures of it Andrew if that's Ok. I will strip it, maybe keep some parts and sell others. I'm sstill daydreaming about getting another...
Cheers.

I do hope you get a fair payout from the insurance company and then have an opportunity to purchase another one

cross-Member Jan 18th, 2021 05:59

Bitter icing on the cake.

Quote:

Originally Posted by XC90Mk1 (Post 2698776)
I do hope you get a fair payout from the insurance company and then have an opportunity to purchase another one

It turns out my insurance company have actually gone into liquidation. I now have a 'revised' policy in my hand with the additions;

Endorsement 013, Classic policy No Claim Bonus- The ’No Claim Bonus’ section 15 of this document does not apply to this insurance.

Endorsement 020, No Refund of premium Under section 13 ('Cancelling this insurance') of the policy booklet, we will not refund your premium if you cancel the policy.

REASON FOR ISSUE: New Business
BROKER: Adrian Flux Insurance
SCHEME: Trinity Lane - Super Sch ECiocan TIC

Trinity Lane and Adrian Flux are incredible, the director of Trinity Lane is David James Flux, The directors of the recovery company they 'use' (Hadleigh Breakdown Limited) David James Flux and his wife! Not only has this guy got his surname on the brokership, he's got his hand in behind all the scenes also.

I have no idea who Adrian is but this guy is running all the shows.

I'm still apparently insured with Flux though?? Makes no sense.