Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   XC90 '02–'15 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   2007 XC90 Replaced ABS Sensor-DSTC Blinking with Power Loss (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=321541)

zakmuh Nov 17th, 2021 20:11

2007 XC90 Replaced ABS Sensor-DSTC Blinking with Power Loss

Evening,

I had DSTC and ABS lights on with Brake Assist Service Required message in my XC90. Scanned it and it was the faulty LF (left front) ABS sensor - no signal. Got the sensor replaced and cleared the codes.

No more lights or messages but when trying to move the car (going over 5mph) DSTC blinks with power loss and when stopping the car there is a kick-back in the pedal. So:

1. Tried driving turning DSTC OFF then the LF brake gets applied automatically-stopping the car moving.
2. Tried driving disconnecting the LF sensor - DSTC and ABS lights come on but car drives all fine
3.Checked the new sensor and the wires for any damages- nothing wrong externally.

Should brakes/ABS need aligning or calibrating..anything like that?

I'd highly appreciate if anyone could help me with this.

Zak

Simmy Nov 17th, 2021 23:08

have you checked the reluctor rings for cracks /splits?

zakmuh Nov 18th, 2021 06:43

Yeah Ive checked it, all okay. I tired putting back the old sensor then I get faulty signal as before

gmonag Nov 18th, 2021 09:48

Where did you get the new sensor? What part no?

SwissXC90 Nov 18th, 2021 09:57

Did you check all 4 wheels for constant and same wheel pulses?

All wheels must produce reliable wheel pulses.

zakmuh Nov 18th, 2021 13:22

Got the part from Eurocar parts. DO you think the new sensor is not compatible or faulty?

No I haven't checked the pulse yet.

tonygreen1966 Nov 18th, 2021 14:14

If replacing the original faulty sensor removes the DSTC issue then it does sound like you have a faulty new sensor. Was the new sensor damaged in any way when you removed it and put back in the original sensor?

tonygreen1966 Nov 18th, 2021 14:18

Meant to add that I've only replaced rear sensors before- 3 off- I used worldcarparts and they were all fine. I've had dodgy injectors,exhausts and other stuff from Eurocarparts!

zakmuh Nov 18th, 2021 17:23

Thanks for your replies all

I'll take it as a faulty new sensor. I should get one from worldcarparts then. I'll keep you posted

Cheers

zakmuh Nov 25th, 2021 17:17

1 Attachment(s)
Hi guys. I've got an update.

I replaced it again but this time with a Volvo sensor but still not solved - I'm getting the same DTC 011. Jacked up the car and did a close inspection. To me it looks like nearside reluctor ring is not exactly aligned with the sensor and I suspect the drive shaft has moved inwards? If I'm right on this, what could have caused this and whats the solution?

Please see the attached pic. I've done a comparison between both sides.

Attachment 138745

Thanks in advance.