Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   Events and Meetings (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   National Rally and BKV 2013 (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=168553)

mollusk Dec 10th, 2012 20:20

National Rally and BKV 2013

Last year much criticism was levelled at the lack of information regarding the 50th. anniversary rally. By starting this thread now I hope to forstall any problems.

Venue - Hatton Country World,**Dark Lane, Hatton,**Warwickshire,**CV35 8XA.

Dates - 15th. And 16th. June. The main events will be on the Sunday, with Saturday being a "social" day with people free to arrange their own entertainment.
For camping and caravanning the site will be open from 14.00 on Thursday 13th. until 12.00 on Monday the 17th. (non VOC members please let me know the dates when you wish to stay).

An evening meal has been arranged, in Hatton Park's restaurant, for the Saturday evening. If you wish to attend please pre-book with Dave Ovenden on davevoc@btinternet.com As a further entertainment a band (Revival) will perform in the on site marquee.

usual there will be a range of trade stands, together with catering etc. (tyre fitting, windscreen repair and smart repairs are planned)

Barbecues will be permitted in the camping/ caravanning area (but no fires on the ground please) and dogs to be kept on leads please.

Invites have again been extended to V3M, the VEC and T5d5 and in addition the Daf Owners Club have been invited as "guest club"

Mollusk.

smithy Dec 10th, 2012 23:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by mollusk (Post 1307684)
Last year much criticism was levelled at the lack of information regarding the 50th. anniversary rally. By starting this thread now I hope to forstall any problems.

Venue - Hatton Country World,**Dark Lane, Hatton,**Warwickshire,**CV35 8XA.

Dates - 15th. And 16th. June. The main events will be on the Sunday, with Saturday being a "social" day with people free to arrange their own entertainment.
For camping and caravanning the site will be open from 14.00 on Thursday 13th. until 12.00 on Monday the 17th. (non VOC members please let me know the dates when you wish to stay).

An evening meal has been arranged, in Hatton Park's restaurant, for the Saturday evening. If you wish to attend please pre-book with Dave Ovenden on davevoc@btinternet.com As a further entertainment a band (Revival) will perform in the on site marquee.

usual there will be a range of trade stands, together with catering etc. (tyre fitting, windscreen repair and smart repairs are planned)

Barbecues will be permitted in the camping/ caravanning area (but no fires on the ground please) and dogs to be kept on leads please.

Invites have again been extended to V3M, the VEC and T5d5 and in addition the Daf Owners Club have been invited as "guest club"

Mollusk.

What about Volvo performance club there are some nice cars on there too.

Claymore Dec 11th, 2012 08:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithy (Post 1307814)
What about Volvo performance club there are some nice cars on there too.

Yep, I noticed no invite to vpcuk again this year.

JamesV70R Dec 11th, 2012 09:15

You don't need to quote, in its entirety, the post directly above yours. Its pretty obvious which post you're referring to when there is only 1 post in the thread.

Anywho.

I'll be there, I'm hoping to come up for the Saturday night too so I'll get am email sent about food and camping.

Claymore Dec 11th, 2012 10:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesV70R (Post 1307910)
You don't need to quote, in its entirety, the post directly above yours. Its pretty obvious which post you're referring to when there is only 1 post in the thread.

Anywho.

I'll be there, I'm hoping to come up for the Saturday night too so I'll get am email sent about food and camping.

Now there is a perfect example as to why you should quote, because I can't tell if your post is referring to me or Smithy.

222s Dec 11th, 2012 10:40

Many thanks for the info!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mollusk (Post 1307684)

Will those who are camping need to be members of the caravanning & camping section (which I gather has been the case in the past, iirc due to DEFRA regs)?

JamesV70R Dec 11th, 2012 11:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claymore (Post 1307946)
Now there is a perfect example as to why you should quote, because I can't tell if your post is referring to me or Smithy.

Both of you :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by 222s (Post 1307956)
Will those who are camping need to be members of the caravanning & camping section (which I gather has been the case in the past, iirc due to DEFRA regs)?

I believe they got round this last year by having C&C membership included in the VOC membership?

Anadinolin Dec 11th, 2012 11:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by 222s (Post 1307956)
Many thanks for the info!

c&c club normally offer camping for non members at a higher rate, they do have exclusive sites, bit i doubt they would open them up to clubs then say oh the clu needs to be members of c&c club imho

is there a booking form or is it just pinging off an e-mail? do we book through hatton country park? i havent received driver yet to see the article...

id like to enter my volvo into the bkv competition aswell :)

smithy Dec 11th, 2012 12:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesV70R (Post 1307910)

Anywho.

I'm crap at computers mate but I can build cars lol thankyou.only saying because t5d5 is on there but not vpcuk just wondered why when vpcuk is a proper Volvo club like the others are.

smithy Dec 11th, 2012 12:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anadinolin (Post 1307981)
c&c club normally offer camping for non members at a higher rate, they do have exclusive sites, bit i doubt they would open them up to clubs then say oh the clu needs to be members of c&c club imho

is there a booking form or is it just pinging off an e-mail? do we book through hatton country park? i havent received driver yet to see the article...

id like to enter my volvo into the bkv competition aswell :)

I'm a voc member but not in the c&c club and and wanted to enter my 940 saloon in the competition too