Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=187)
-   -   Remapping Recommendation (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=285140)

hancym Aug 10th, 2018 20:23

Remapping Recommendation

Can anyone please recommend anyone in Norwich to remap my 2010 XC60 D3?
I've google all the possibles but would like to hear something from the horse's mouth so to speak. One done it's not as if I can flick a switch if something isn't quite right.

don kalmar union Aug 12th, 2018 09:49

MTE SWedish written software calibrations.

I can offer MTE's calibrations for these cars.

The 2l D3 and D4 give outputs of 200bhp with 500nm.

The 2.4l AWD 270bhp with 550nm.

Don.

scoobysn7x Aug 14th, 2018 11:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by don kalmar union (Post 2436387)
I can offer MTE's calibrations for these cars.

The 2l D3 and D4 give outputs of 200bhp with 500nm.

The 2.4l AWD 270bhp with 550nm.

Don.

Can a V60 D4 be done via the ODB port of is it an ECU out job?

Thanks

zapcity1 Aug 14th, 2018 13:15

I've got a D3 XC60 too, so done some research on this. Mine is a 2.4, but not sure if you have 2.0 or 2.4.

Mine has an ECU locked by Volvo, so cannot be done via the OBD port. This needs the ECU 'benched' if you want to remap.

The obvious option (and most expensive) is Polestar via a main dealer, as this can be done with the ECU in situ.

£695 to take 163bhp to 215bhp (D5 spec). You also get a gearbox remap which most say makes a considerable difference.

Aftermarket, MTE is acknowledged as being very reputable. You do this yourself via OBD with Don's assistance. About £395 I believe.

RICA are used by a lot of people. Lots of options but can be quite expensive. Wrights of Attleborough are a dealer near you.

After researching this, I'd probably only go for one of the above. As mine is an ECU out job, then its Polestar or nothing for me, so still saving!! Via OBD then you have much more choice.

Left field choice is a diesel box. TDI Tuning are in Chelmsford so just a short trip. You can try before you buy, but boxes are not universally loved on here!

hancym Aug 16th, 2018 22:10

Thanks! Mine is the 2.0 litre with a manual box. Really don't fancy going too far to get it done in case I have to have any tweaks or get problems. Would really like a recommendation from someone who's had it done within reasonable distance of Norwich

AndyJudge Aug 17th, 2018 08:38

I can only comment on mine which is a D5 which I had polestar mapped prior to purchase (Although I did have a previous XC60 D5 to compare) although the power gains are only quoted to be small the way the power is delivered is so much better, in sport mode the car really flies.

Yes it was £695 but In my mind it was well spent.

IIRC the dealers are offering a 28 trial of the map till the end of September, so worth an ask.

volvocat Aug 18th, 2018 19:34

There is always a trial period for P* - usually 14 days, although it may be longer for the current offer.
I've added it to three cars now and it’s always been offered, regardless of price.
But after the first one, I felt it was unnecessary - obviously!
The usual arrangement is that the dealer installs it, you trial it and pay up if you want to keep it.
If you don’t pay or return to the dealer after 14 days, they can delete it remotely anyway - so they say...