Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   App update (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=307429)

cassell Jun 30th, 2020 11:53

App update

Record and Send app updated OTA today, can't see anything different but then again I've only ever used it once in three years!

VOLVOL0VER Jul 1st, 2020 14:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by cassell (Post 2643524)
Record and Send app updated OTA today, can't see anything different but then again I've only ever used it once in three years!

noticed that too. and just like you I used it 2 or 3 times in almost a year and half. No more than that.

wheelnut Jul 2nd, 2020 22:30

I have had update notifications for Volvo On Call, Tune In and Record and Send for the last couple of weeks and none of them get beyond 0%.
Anyone else have this problem?

VOLVOL0VER Jul 3rd, 2020 00:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by wheelnut (Post 2644231)
I have had update notifications for Volvo On Call, Tune In and Record and Send for the last couple of weeks and none of them get beyond 0%.
Anyone else have this problem?

Uninstall and install again.

wheelnut Jul 3rd, 2020 14:06

Tried that and they won’t install either.
It is the same for each of the three apps Volvo ID, TuneIn and Record & Send.
For example after a while sitting at 0%, I get the message “Volvo ID could not be installed. An error report has been sent.”

VOLVOL0VER Jul 3rd, 2020 14:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by wheelnut (Post 2644345)
Tried that and they won’t install either.
It is the same for each of the three apps Volvo ID, TuneIn and Record & Send.
For example after a while sitting at 0%, I get the message “Volvo ID could not be installed. An error report has been sent.”

You need to go then to the only place that can help you. Dealership.

henry S Jul 3rd, 2020 22:42

XC 40 the same.

Same with mine and its a 2019 XC40. Must be a programming error.
Volvo on Call works OK but TuneIn just says Update available & stops.

Record & Send has never been available but it shows on update list.

Weather , Parking App and Wiki work so probably not car.

wheelnut Jul 4th, 2020 07:34

I had the latest software update done at service in June. Could it be connected?

TimNiceBut Jul 4th, 2020 09:23

I'd never even noticed Record and Send before. I'm not sure it was ever installed in my car. So now I have a question.

Can the order of installed apps me altered? Record and Send is currently the last icon on the second line of my installed apps. If possible I'd like to reposition it onto the top line, so that it appears straight away as opposed to my having to scroll down to see it.

weemark Jul 4th, 2020 10:40

Yep just keep your finger on the button for a couple of seconds - gets you into edit/drag and drop mode