Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Electrics: 70: 3 CD Changer Issues (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=311924)

djwazza68 Nov 20th, 2020 16:45

3 CD Changer Issues

The 3 CD changer in my V70 appears knackered; the cassette doesn't fit smoothly and I get no engagement of the CDs. Is it a case of replacing if I want it to work, or is there some clever trick that someone knows about that will miraculously fix it?

capt jack Nov 20th, 2020 20:59

When we had this exact same issue with the same unit in our S70 we simply tracked down a decent SC805 unit. It's a straight swap.

Since then I've repaired the SC805 several times - the one currently in the car is actually made up of bits from three different 805 units.

Unless you really need the 3-CD changer then personally I'd get on to Ebay and look for a decent SC800 series unit, ideally with the code and a warranty.

Jack

stevepcar Nov 21st, 2020 13:32

CD Changer not working

Hi sorry to jump in on this, but my changer stopped working after car had been stood for 7 years, no amount of cleaning the heads seemed to work. So I got a second hand one from one of the forum members. It worked perfectly as soon as I tried it after installation on this Tuesday & several times after on the same day. So I turned it off and left it until today. Switched it on today and it won't play. It selects the cd, but doesn't play it and eventually reads 0:0 It has been damp/rained heavily for the last 5-days, although don't know why that should make any difference, but I took the disc indoors & it works on my CD player. Anybody got any ideas on what I should do next? I can't believe that it has just become knackered after 4-days of non-use when it worked so well when I first installed it.

vampwitch Nov 21st, 2020 15:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by djwazza68 (Post 2683305)
The 3 CD changer in my V70 appears knackered; the cassette doesn't fit smoothly and I get no engagement of the CDs. Is it a case of replacing if I want it to work, or is there some clever trick that someone knows about that will miraculously fix it?

I may actually have a fully functioning SC805 sat in the garage. Bought it about 2yrs ago to go into a Volvo FM but thankfully wrong connections for the FM.

djwazza68 Nov 22nd, 2020 00:17

Thanks for all replies, my radio still works well, it is just the 3 CD player part of the system that’s had it. If anyone has one for parts then I might try to combine the 2 to make one functional unit.

stevepcar Nov 22nd, 2020 13:36

CD Changer not working

I got my changer working again today by being persisitent. It wouldnt play at all this morning, but I get on pressing all 6-buttons & eventually got it to play all cds. It doesnt always pick up the next disc after finishing, but by pressing the relevant button it eventually plays. Good luck

djwazza68 Nov 22nd, 2020 23:12

Bluetooth adapter?

Perhaps a better use of my cash might be to add a Bluetooth adapter to the stereo to provide a modern solution and add hands free at the same time.

Can anyone recommend a good solution?

Bigfella666 Nov 24th, 2020 22:40

Wazza

I cannot recco the Yatour enough - fitted it in both my 70’s - easy to fit, great sound but always good to have a disc player as well

Stumo Nov 25th, 2020 03:55

^^+1 Yatour - cheap and reliable !

Bigfella666 Nov 25th, 2020 08:55

And it looks like the Yatour also works in the Southern hemisphere if you are ever heading that way !!