Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   Events and Meetings (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   VT Gaydon Motor Museum 17th Sept 2017 (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=271964)

nosh695 Aug 23rd, 2017 22:43

VT Gaydon Motor Museum 17th Sept 2017

1 Attachment(s)
Come along and join us you are all very welcome :thumbs_up:

Volvotuning.net is pleased to announce our big meeting for 2017.
VT GAYDON 2017 will be held at the British Motor Museum on Sunday, September 17th from 10am.

We intend to attract a large number of Volvo cars making this one of the largest Volvo shows held in the UK this year.

In addition owners of the Volvo Enthusiasts Club & Saab Owners Club will also join us on the day in a celebration of all things that are four wheeled fun.

Attractions on the day;

1) VT Ice Cream Van
2) Tech Talk by Tim Williams
3) Demon Dents...paint-less dent removal
4)Parts buy and Swap Meet
5) Inter Club pulling completion
6) Car awards
7) The Big VT Raffle
8) club tents and merchandise
9) Access to the world famous Motor Heritage Museum. (Discounted Tickets Available)
10) Family friendly meeting, parents, pets and children all welcome.

VT GAYDON 2017 is a free meeting to attend along with free parking and access to toilets.

If you wish to tour the museum you will need a ticket. VT has agreed a discount on access wrist bands saving you pounds on standard entry tickets for adults and children.
VT admission price for Adults £12 and children £8. (Children under 5 Free).

If you wish to purchase advance tickets please send money to PayPal account Millsy100@live.co.uk confirming you name, car reg number and number/type of tickets.

The tickets can then be collected from the VT Event Tent on the day.

We hope you'll join us for this event which is always a great day out.

Kindest regards
volvotuning.net

More information about the British Motor Museum and the classic car collection can be found by following this link.

https://www.britishmotormuseum.co.uk...SAAEgJ9PPD_BwE

pookie Aug 24th, 2017 01:08

Really looking forward to this. VolvoTuning are renowned for the quality of their meetings and I don't think this will be any different. See you there!

Salut!

Pookie

240T Aug 24th, 2017 17:58

I'll be going, all the way from Salisbury. If anyone else from the south is going, let's convoy. I'll be at the Swede Sport meet the day before at Beaulieu, too. I bet I'll be absolutely knackered come Sunday night.

Dippydog Aug 24th, 2017 20:36

Looking forward to this.Last years at Cosford was a really good outing,and I've never been to Gaydon museum before:thumbs_up:Will it be same sort of deal as last year as regards £2 for the bucket on arrival?

nosh695 Aug 24th, 2017 21:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dippydog (Post 2312039)
Looking forward to this.Last years at Cosford was a really good outing,and I've never been to Gaydon museum before:thumbs_up:Will it be same sort of deal as last year as regards £2 for the bucket on arrival?

good stuff be great to see you there :thumbs_up:

not collecting on the gate but we do have a raffle & donation bucket & also the discounted tickets for the museum :)

I-S Aug 30th, 2017 23:11

We will be there, I'll sort out payment soon!

v70stu Aug 31st, 2017 09:20

Planning to attend. Will be my first Volvo event. Hoping to see a good few performance and classic Volvos.

I-S Sep 1st, 2017 21:12

Tickets paid, see you there.

ShogunSQ Sep 5th, 2017 00:17

Freeing up the calender and hope to be there

triumphjon Sep 5th, 2017 05:45

we shall also be going , just not sure which of the fleet to bring yet

v70stu Sep 13th, 2017 13:58

Money sent for ticket. Car polished today. Looking forward to it!

Proghound Sep 13th, 2017 15:26

I'll be coming, hope it's not raining on Saturday so I can get the C70 washed beforehand!

What sort of catering facilities should we anticipate ? (other than the ice-cream van :))

nosh695 Sep 13th, 2017 15:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Proghound (Post 2317969)
I'll be coming, hope it's not raining on Saturday so I can get the C70 washed beforehand!

What sort of catering facilities should we anticipate ? (other than the ice-cream van :))

great stuff :thumbs_up:

theres a cafe inside the museum buddy :)

skippyfox Sep 13th, 2017 16:49

Hoping to get down for this meet, enjoyed Cosford last year. Just have to shuffle some work commitments around. All being well should be there:thumbs_up:

Grazvydas Sep 13th, 2017 18:40

Anyone going from Peterborough?

maxey Sep 15th, 2017 12:55

storage of parts

hi. I have just accuired some spare parts, in which some are electrical, would they be ok put in plastic storage boxes, and kept in garage? thank you.

Proghound Sep 16th, 2017 18:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Proghound (Post 2317969)

Sadly I'll now have to sit this event out for another year - it's turned out to be the only day that everyone else can make for an extended-family do. They don't understand!

For those that are going, I hope it's really good, I look forward to eventually attending one!

IC Sep 16th, 2017 20:07

Kalmar Union

Hi everybody, Don of The Kalmar Union has asked me to post this as he will be at Gaydon

He will be there tomorrow with the back of his XC90 full of stuff that he would like to clear for cash.... all new

A large number of Powerflex bushes.....

A pair of new genuine Volvo front discs for 850s.

A short shift kit for an M56

A complete genuine Volvo body kit for S40, V50, C30s

SFS replacement silicone turbo hose kits for 850s etc.

Pair of Eibach eccentric bolts for old S40, V40 and 850 to gain negative camber.

Pair of genuine Volvo kits for the same purpose.

Dump valve kit for earlier T5s with Forge valve.

Forge replacement by pass valve for TDO4.

New KKK Turbo for S40,V50,C30, C70 T5s.

Number of new, non Volvo boot and roof spoilers, unpainted

Used 850 boot spoiler, no fixings.

Pair of new, genuine Volvo spacers from a C70 that will increase the rear track of other S50,V50 ,C30s etc.

New and unfitted oil cooler kit, Setrab cooler, braided hose, unions and plate to go on block for smaller T5s.

Some other crap if he can find it....

If anyone wants a new Ferrita cat back or d'pipe let Don know and he will bring it... even if you only want to look at it......

v70stu Sep 16th, 2017 20:42

On the subject of spare parts, I have a used pre-facelift V60/S60 driver's side headlight for sale. I will bring it along. Xenon with active bending. No ballast or xenon bulb, good condition. £100
PM here or look for the red V60 T6 with registration ending GFV. Cheers!

Dippydog Sep 17th, 2017 18:55

Well just like last year another cracking event[didn't win owt on raffle though:loser:]at a brilliant venue.Weather stayed fine [considering I set off in fog!]until I was adecent way up the M1 on the way home.Already looking forward to next years do,and the old barge didn't miss a beat once again:thumbs_up:

Trugga Sep 17th, 2017 22:07

Another cracking event.

What I like about these events, is not only the cars, but meeting the people and hearing the stories behind why they have that particular vehicle.

Here's a few piccies, more to follow:

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4390/...3d653bda_c.jpg
241A9221 by Lawrence Fowler, on Flickr

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4403/...44b1e94f_c.jpg
241A9233-Edit by Lawrence Fowler, on Flickr

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4359/...b6405a41_c.jpg
241A9238-Edit by Lawrence Fowler, on Flickr

Lawrence

stephenevans99 Sep 19th, 2017 14:50

Awesome photos Lawrence, you are literally a magician when it comes to these shots....love 'em mate.

VT Gaydon was amazing, another fantastic meet and a credit to everyone that played a part.

192 cars and their owners attended that day & have currently helped to raise £1002+ for Dementia UK.....a breathtaking amount :thumbs_up:

PeakUnder Sep 19th, 2017 15:30

Gutted that I couldn't make it after all :(

JamesV70R Sep 19th, 2017 17:41

Looks like you guys had an amazing day - I wish I could have made this one!

Oh well, always next year!

James

Dippydog Sep 19th, 2017 19:03

I'd figured there were close on 200 cars there so I wasn't far out.Topside of a grand is good going.The guys[and girls]responsible for putting it on deserve a huge pat on the back,great show and great venue:thumbs_up:Some great cars to look at and then of course there was my old barge to lower the tone:bluegrab:

stephenevans99 Sep 23rd, 2017 21:48

Currently the donations now stand at over £1300.

We've also got an auction running with prizes including Stage 1 & 2 remaps, dyno sessions, laser alignment & servicing....bids for these are already in excess of £700.

So over £2000 raised for Dementia UK....awesome stuff from VolvoTuning :thumbs_up: