Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=187)
-   -   whats this called? (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=282865)

tompip Jun 11th, 2018 21:38

whats this called?

can anyone tell me what the thin strip that is located on the outside of each side of the windscreen called please.

kenny Jun 11th, 2018 22:48

Windscreen trim?

volvo for ever Jun 12th, 2018 05:42

Windscreen a pillar trims

DT19 Jun 12th, 2018 21:11

Not sure what it's called but I recently replaced one of mine. It's very easy to do but order the clips for it as well if you plan on changing yours.

tompip Jun 12th, 2018 22:51

clips

hi, thanks for the response, I found out today that there are several clips for this bracket, mine happened to be broken by the windscreen replacement person who decided to cover up his mistake with glue. but after a car wash this come apart from the windscreen. took it to the dealer who called the windscrren people in and they are going to replace all the brackets on both sides gratis

DT19 Jun 13th, 2018 09:06

I suspect thats what had happened with mine. When I bought it I didn't notice anything wrong but after a couple of warm days I saw the strip had lifted at the bottom then realised it was held with black soft glue. The clips were only pennies:shocked:

S60RDesign Jun 13th, 2018 15:39

This also happened to mine after having the fix carried out for water ingress at a Volvo workshop. Frustrating but my more local dealer glued it back for free so will wait and see if it holds, went through a car wash yesterday with no issues. How much does the trim cost?

tompip Jun 13th, 2018 21:42

glue?

I dont think they are supposed to be glued, they have clips. if yours are glued this will probably eventually dissolve through washing and then you will have nothing to keep them in place. go to a dealer and buy some clips, they are quite cheap according to a comment above.

S60RDesign Jun 14th, 2018 13:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by tompip (Post 2413998)
I dont think they are supposed to be glued, they have clips. if yours are glued this will probably eventually dissolve through washing and then you will have nothing to keep them in place. go to a dealer and buy some clips, they are quite cheap according to a comment above.

Yes the clips had been broken by another Volvo workshop...I mentioned it to the local dealer when my car was booked in for something else, I doubt they had the clips at short notice hence they've bonded it - they were quite open about it but suspect you're right. Holding for the moment though

DT19 Jun 14th, 2018 15:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by S60RDesign (Post 2413853)
This also happened to mine after having the fix carried out for water ingress at a Volvo workshop. Frustrating but my more local dealer glued it back for free so will wait and see if it holds, went through a car wash yesterday with no issues. How much does the trim cost?

£44 I think mine was.