Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=187)
-   -   Best All-Season SUV tyre (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=253704)

GusGecko Jul 24th, 2016 19:39

Best All-Season SUV tyre

I've read some other threads with chatter about tyres, but searching (admittedly on my phone) the forum I couldn't find a conclusive thread...

I'm leaning towards pirelli Scorpion Verde all season...but I've previously preferred goodyear products..

Up for vote I've got these contenders:

Pirelli Scorpion Verde All-season
Michelin Cross Climate
Goodyear Vector 4 seaons
Nokian Weatherproof
Other - please comment

Have previously preferred to run touring tyres and have never had all seaons

Curious for specifically xc60 consumer reports

mfresh Jul 24th, 2016 23:25

Its kind of hard to answer this poll as I have only tried one all season tyre brand - the Nokians as it happens. I don't know if it's the best though, and in fact I haven't had a chance to try them out in winter conditions yet so I only know what I read about them in the reviews.

GusGecko Jul 25th, 2016 07:17

4 Attachment(s)
As a guide to product and price:

GusGecko Jul 25th, 2016 07:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by mfresh (Post 2145012)
Its kind of hard to answer this poll as I have only tried one all season tyre brand - the Nokians as it happens. I don't know if it's the best though, and in fact I haven't had a chance to try them out in winter conditions yet so I only know what I read about them in the reviews.

They do seem fairly popular on this forum.

GusGecko Jul 26th, 2016 19:49

1 Attachment(s)
If any!! Might just go for a summer touring tyre!!! Choices choices...

Or goodyear Wrangler HP All Weather ...

xco Jul 28th, 2016 21:21

Check out what best tyres to put on an xc90 thread ....plenty of info on there...

I'm running Pirelli scorpion Verde all seasons at the moment and they will go on next time they're due for change....been on 2 years now,20,000 miles in and still showing 7mm of tread on all 4 corners.:thumbs_up:

If you're interested see ..........www.camskill.co.uk...... for all the different flavours but I recommend 107v XL's.

The Goodyear vector 4 seasons are also very good and my missus is running these on her C30 d5 185 se lux.

GusGecko Jul 28th, 2016 22:11

Thanks very much.

I think I'll choose between scorp Verde AS and wrangler HP AS when the time comes, see what's best in price.

The other choices seem slightly more snow favourable which in reality I don't need so much.

xco Jul 29th, 2016 04:18

The Verde's are M&S rated aswell

RoyMacDonald Jul 29th, 2016 22:38

My daughter fitted Michelin Cross Climates last year and swears by them, says they transformed her car.

Roy

MikeIOW Sep 17th, 2016 09:19

I've have Nokians in the past and been happy....conti wintercontact also good...now using Vredstein quattrac V on two of our motors as an all season alternative (tired of changing all those wheels)...also good, but not tested up mountains like the other two!