Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   S60 Electrics: Folding door mirrors out of sync (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=36909)

wilbur750 May 9th, 2007 13:52

Folding door mirrors out of sync

Hi all

My Father has a S60 2.0T SE with electric folding mirrors and theres something well weird going on.....

When he presses the button to fold the mirrors in only one mirror actually folds, but when he presses it again the other folds in and the first one folds back out....and so on...

What the hell is going on???

Alpha206 May 9th, 2007 14:12

I sounds like one mirror's been folded manually at some point - may be worth trying folding them both in (by hand if necessary) and then hitting the button to fold them out...?

wilbur750 May 9th, 2007 14:30

The problem was erratic and I have got him to do just that.

Seems OK at present. Thanks a lot!

Viper_7 May 9th, 2007 18:13

Aye it's in the manual. Fold the out one in, then hit the button a few times to resync.

Maybe we need a FAQ section, this and the SRS error when removing the centre console, ermm lights not flashing when alarming - due to bonnet. Slam it and it will be fine, I bet there's loooads of others.

vipes

Alpha206 May 9th, 2007 18:42

I've been meaning to put an FAQ together for some time :Dancing_sorry: - maybe now's the time to start doing it!

Viper_7 May 9th, 2007 18:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graeme Catnach (Post 236410)
I've been meaning to put an FAQ together for some time :Dancing_sorry: - maybe now's the time to start doing it!

Well volunteered!!

JDS May 9th, 2007 19:08

Mione do the same on my V70. Contrary to what is written in the owners manual and what I was bluntly told here folding them out manually then operating the switch don't solve it no matter how many times/combinations I try. I think one needs to be unconnected from the supply and then re-set.

mhon72 May 10th, 2007 03:54

Try this:

1. Open fuse box panel in the side of dashboard.

2. Remove the fuse for R/H door mirror (sorry don't have a number to hand).

3. Push folding button. L/H door mirror should now fold only. Folding mechs are now both aligned in sync.

4. Remove Main door mirror fuse from box also (not L/H one) then replace. Doing this seems to reset the folding mech memory.

5. Replace R/H door mirror fuse and test again. Should now both fold in sync.

Hope that helps.

myshed Sep 30th, 2013 18:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by mhon72 (Post 236555)
Try this:

1. Open fuse box panel in the side of dashboard.

2. Remove the fuse for R/H door mirror (sorry don't have a number to hand).

3. Push folding button. L/H door mirror should now fold only. Folding mechs are now both aligned in sync.

4. Remove Main door mirror fuse from box also (not L/H one) then replace. Doing this seems to reset the folding mech memory.

5. Replace R/H door mirror fuse and test again. Should now both fold in sync.

Hope that helps.

Manually re-setting didn't work for me either, so tried the above - frustratingly, this didn't work. So I suppose it was more out of frustration than a considered approach, but (based on the above) this appears to have done the trick :

1. Remove the fuse for R/H door mirror
2. Push folding button. L/H door mirror only should now fold - push as needed until both mirrors are in same "plane"
3. Switch off ignition - remove the fuse for L/H door mirror
4. Switch on ignition - push folding button - unsurprisingly, nothing happens, but with all this computery around, is it possible it might have re-set a memory somewhere?
5. Switch off ignition - replace both fuses
6. Switch on ignition - deep breath - push folding button - VOILA - both mirrors move in sync!

For a few moments, switched on and off, folded and unfolded, and so far so good!

Thanks to the contribitors before me - I hope this may help others after me

Myshed

JameseT5 Oct 2nd, 2013 21:39

Apparently there is a software update from the Main Stealers for this issue. Mine have gone out of sync previously which is why I just don't bother folding them anymore - more hassle than it's worth, plus you'll always get some prat in a car park pull one of your mirrors out just for the hell of it.