Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   700/900 Series Wants (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=177)
-   -   wanted an estate to replace my trusty 760 gle (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=57580)

roadsleet Aug 30th, 2008 13:42

wanted an estate to replace my trusty 760 gle

Finally had to let my 760 gle estate go after to many problems raised their head.
Im after a 740 or 940 estate, no mot or tax isnt a problem.
maybe a car thats just sitting on somebodies drive at the moment getting in the way
Not bothered about diesel and ideally manual ,wouldnt say no to another 760 gle estate though.
Not looking to do much travelling,something within a reasonable distance of Rotherham here in south yorkshire

cheers all

davek Sep 3rd, 2008 09:57

volvo

hi
i have a 940 turbo estate auto long mot and tax just had new front tyres and cam belt fitted great runner i am in birmingham let me know
if you need any details pm with your phone no thanks dave

Maureen Day Sep 29th, 2008 23:31

Volvo 740 GL

Quote:

Originally Posted by roadsleet (Post 399959)
Finally had to let my 760 gle estate go after to many problems raised their head.
Im after a 740 or 940 estate, no mot or tax isnt a problem.
maybe a car thats just sitting on somebodies drive at the moment getting in the way
Not bothered about diesel and ideally manual ,wouldnt say no to another 760 gle estate though.
Not looking to do much travelling,something within a reasonable distance of Rotherham here in south yorkshire

cheers all

Hello there, I live just outside Stirling, Scotland. Would that be too far for you to travel? I have a White Volvo 740 GL - estate, It is an Automatic. It is off the road, with no Road Tax, or MOT since I now have recently bought its replacement - Volvo 850 2.5ltre estate. The 74o had a fault with the distributor and I have now found a firm who does have the replacement part. Which could be fitted to resolve the problem I had with it. I have had the car for the past 9 years and it has a reconditioned engine in it which has barely been run in. Tyres good, with alloys, exhaust good, body work good, interior good, has been a well looked after car. Timing belt has been done. The auto gear box is great, does need the switch to sports mode correcting though - It is in sports mode more often than not. Let me know if you would be interested. Thanks, Maureen Day

Simoso Oct 1st, 2008 13:47

Hi i've got a 960 auto estate, great runner and lovely all round car. 1996 petrol 7 seater (seats come out if you don't want them). Getting new car in early Nov and am thinking of putting Volvo through auctions. I'm open to offers. I'm in Leeds byt he way, not miles from you.

roadsleet Oct 3rd, 2008 17:43

Thanks all just picked up an 850 estate.

ian whitaker Nov 2nd, 2008 23:19

Maureen do you require a replacement car for your Volvo 850 ? I have a 940 celebration estate for sale . Mint condition . Looked after very well . Ian

QUOTE=Maureen Day;409219]Hello there, I live just outside Stirling, Scotland. Would that be too far for you to travel? I have a White Volvo 740 GL - estate, It is an Automatic. It is off the road, with no Road Tax, or MOT since I now have recently bought its replacement - Volvo 850 2.5ltre estate. The 74o had a fault with the distributor and I have now found a firm who does have the replacement part. Which could be fitted to resolve the problem I had with it. I have had the car for the past 9 years and it has a reconditioned engine in it which has barely been run in. Tyres good, with alloys, exhaust good, body work good, interior good, has been a well looked after car. Timing belt has been done. The auto gear box is great, does need the switch to sports mode correcting though - It is in sports mode more often than not. Let me know if you would be interested. Thanks, Maureen Day[/QUOTE]