Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   700/900 Series Sales (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=176)
-   -   volvo 940 sports estate manual (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=84362)

ton377 Nov 16th, 2009 20:14

volvo 940 sports estate manual

There is a 1 owner 940 sport in factory black rare model even rarer colour i think, its for sale on ebay needing attention to the brakes as usual i dont know how to copy the link so this is the item number 280424056750 no reserve and an easy fix for (hopefully) someone on the forum!

T240 Nov 16th, 2009 20:58

Re: motor for sale

Hi,

Thanks for the heads up. It's major distance away, but I fancy having a go at that. Don't anyone tell She Who Must Be Obeyed!

Cheers,

T

heyskull Nov 16th, 2009 23:05

What makes this a Sport?
I have read the advert 3 times now!
My SE estate isn't a sport as I have been told. SE stands for Special Equipment!
Sometime SE doesn't mean much but this seems to be a well spec'd car.

SC

940SportsEdition Nov 16th, 2009 23:36

Polaris alloys, rear spoiler, colour, interior, spec, badging, grill, all sports editions were badged SE but in a different way to the standard SE. Someone on here who said he was part of the team that speced these cars, stated that to keep costs down, rather than produce new badges for the car, they just used the SE badge and added the turbo badge. Because of this people with an SE always seem to think they have a sports edition, but the spec between the two is different. Belive me if you go and see it you will see the difference. Others on here will be able to provide the conclusive evidence by the reg number or vin number, as some on here have the ability to check these things, but to me it is a sports edition, I wait to be proved wrong but it looks very like one. Plus to have all the sports options fitted either when it was new or source them after is a very expensive job, unless you are very lucky. The Polaris wheeels on the car are worth its start price and more alone, even if someone bought it cheap and broke it for parts they would make 5 times the start price and still be left with most of the car left.

T240 Nov 17th, 2009 20:14

Re\: Sports Edition

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonyericsson (Post 587778)
Polaris alloys, rear spoiler, colour, interior, spec, badging, grill, all sports editions were badged SE but in a different way to the standard SE. Someone on here who said he was part of the team that speced these cars, stated that to keep costs down, rather than produce new badges for the car, they just used the SE badge and added the turbo badge. Because of this people with an SE always seem to think they have a sports edition, but the spec between the two is different. Belive me if you go and see it you will see the difference. Others on here will be able to provide the conclusive evidence by the reg number or vin number, as some on here have the ability to check these things, but to me it is a sports edition, I wait to be proved wrong but it looks very like one. Plus to have all the sports options fitted either when it was new or source them after is a very expensive job, unless you are very lucky. The Polaris wheeels on the car are worth its start price and more alone, even if someone bought it cheap and broke it for parts they would make 5 times the start price and still be left with most of the car left.

Actually the original sales brochure says they sit on Galaxy alloys, not Polaris.

I'm still interested in the car as a whole, to be honest.

Cheers,

T

LankyTim Nov 17th, 2009 22:11

Those are deffo Galaxies!

Bit of a shed, but no doubt a clean and polish will have it looking great.

940SportsEdition Nov 18th, 2009 14:59

Sorry meant to say Galaxy got Polarises on the brain after getting hold of another set.

T240 Nov 19th, 2009 00:22

Re: polaris

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonyericsson (Post 588523)
Sorry meant to say Galaxy got Polarises on the brain after getting hold of another set.

You didn't buy that lilac 960 off ebay, did you?

CTCNetwork Nov 19th, 2009 01:28

Hi,

Listing over. Withdrawn. Maybe he got an offer he couldn't refuse!

http://i.ebayimg.com/16/!BfG28J!!2k~...RjLO!~~_12.JPG

http://i.ebayimg.com/08/!BfG4Im!CGk~...ZrGLg~~_12.JPG

If I remember rightly, Black was only ever a special order paint. Certainly for 700 series.

Des. . . ;)

Edit: Relisted. New links above..

amaz'in Nov 19th, 2009 13:49

Hi Guy's,

I spotted this straight away, and it's vaguely in my neighbourhood.

I own a silver Sports estate and couldn't belive my luck when I thought I spotted this and no one else has sussed it...little did I know.

I could only just make out what I think were Galaxy wheels, and noticed it had tailgate spoiler, colour coded mirrors, load cover, cargo net and boot liner, and the grille of course, but it was hard to tell if it was lowered etc.

I had to look it up in my Sports edition brochure as I had only seen Silver sand and Red pearl as colours before, but there are indeed two Blacks, a standard Black and a black Pearl.

I was lucky enough to get the Chaps (who's dealing with this) phone number before the auction was pulled and I spoke with him last night.

It turns out the car doesn't have a brake problem at all? in fact it has a 'little end' problem?

She (the owner) was looking for a minimum of £500.00 and diddn't realise she didnt have the option to pull out at the end if it only made say...£200.00.

I have tried to go look at the car, but the seller says he will wait until Mum in Law makes her mind up and they may just advertise it in the paper?

I fancied the car as a spare for mine, couldn't tell how good it was in the photo's, but at £ 500.00 minimum, and having to trailer it home plus a little end gone..hmmm

He has promised to call me with an update from Mum in law, but we shall see.

Darn it, within my grasp and......

James