Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   PV, 120, 1800 Sales (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   Garage clear out including wide wheels (120/ p1800) (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=64612)

Stanleywindrush Jan 15th, 2009 22:29

Garage clear out including wide wheels (120/ p1800)

Hi Stanley Windrush here.

Been 'sorting my life out' for the last couple of years.. back on the 'scene'..

Thinking of moving and therefore having one last clear out of spares..

I have 5 amazon/ p1800 banded wide wheels. They are big at 20cm width fitted with 'older' low profile tyres - all deflated.. but with good tread. These were removed from a racing P1800 I sold years ago. They are very wide and low and would only suit a car with robust suspension as you will end up rubbing the wheel arches ever time you go over a speed hump!!

Also a trailer full of spares e.g. cylinder heads, chrome trims, windscreen motors, lots of door glass, alternators, old carbs, front timing covers, air horns, twin inlet and out let manifolds, 30 internal window winder handles, cable operated clutch flywheel housings, estate rear trailing arm, rear axle for a 66 saloon with low mileage, rear diff from an overdrive 122s in good nick etc etc etc. Nothing here to get the pulses racing, but well worth it for a potential ebayer or as useful spares - must be over 200 items - make me an offer!?? They must go in one lot or I will have to send to the scrap man!

The wide wheels I need to get over £200 for as thats about 20 squid the rim and 20 the tyre each - very cheap at half the price!

email me at ebarrimore@hotmail.com

My number is 07962 319339

Cheers

SW

222s Jan 15th, 2009 23:46

What's the backspacing on the wheels, and do they fit under the arches (as opposed to needing to have the arches flared)?

With regard to the fitment, this may be of use to a potential buyer: I currently have a set of 7.5 / 8J (no markings to say which but consensus is either of those widths as difficult to measure with tyres in place) wheels on my estate, with 205/65 R15 tyres, similar backspacing to the standard wheels, and they're fine for everyday use. Front arches needed the lip bending back (but that was for the old tyres which were 205/70, & too large anyway), but other than a very occasional 'kissing' on a rear arch (due to panhard rod movement arc) when hitting bad motorway bumps at fast lane speeds, there is no scrubbing. Suspension is standard, except for perhaps having heavy duty rear springs (for towing).

When you say trailer load, is that small box trailer, i.e. would it all fit in the back of a decent sized estate?

Cheers :)

Stanleywindrush Jan 16th, 2009 12:02

wide wheels will go straight on

Hi - they are fine to fit as is and don't hit the arches - its just if you have old soft suspension then any bump may cause a brush of the very edge of the tyre.

I sold a similar set to a friend and he has lowered and stiffened and still they went on ok.

The trailer load would fit in an estate its a bot more than a box trailer i'm afraid- I think there is an old (used) but still boxed overdrive there as well - but not sure of its condition. The axle is the biggest and then its the rear bumper - in one still - then its a single steel wheel - then the heads - then a dash - then a door card - then its stuff thats easily fitted in around this... it must go so feel free to call 07962 319339

Baz

Gordon Hunter Jan 17th, 2009 11:53

Hi Baz,

I'm interested in the banded rims.
Ring me sometime on 0116 289 1401
I'll send you a pm as well.

Cheers,

Gordon

Dibble Jan 17th, 2009 21:44

Spares

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanleywindrush (Post 449568)
Hi Stanley Windrush here.

Been 'sorting my life out' for the last couple of years.. back on the 'scene'..

Thinking of moving and therefore having one last clear out of spares..

I have 5 amazon/ p1800 banded wide wheels. They are big at 20cm width fitted with 'older' low profile tyres - all deflated.. but with good tread. These were removed from a racing P1800 I sold years ago. They are very wide and low and would only suit a car with robust suspension as you will end up rubbing the wheel arches ever time you go over a speed hump!!

Also a trailer full of spares e.g. cylinder heads, chrome trims, windscreen motors, lots of door glass, alternators, old carbs, front timing covers, air horns, twin inlet and out let manifolds, 30 internal window winder handles, cable operated clutch flywheel housings, estate rear trailing arm, rear axle for a 66 saloon with low mileage, rear diff from an overdrive 122s in good nick etc etc etc. Nothing here to get the pulses racing, but well worth it for a potential ebayer or as useful spares - must be over 200 items - make me an offer!?? They must go in one lot or I will have to send to the scrap man!

The wide wheels I need to get over £200 for as thats about 20 squid the rim and 20 the tyre each - very cheap at half the price!

email me at ebarrimore@hotmail.com

My number is 07962 319339

Cheers

SW

Hi SW
I note you have a diff for a 120 fitted with overdrive. I am putting my 120 together just now. It was fitted with overdrive but I was going to fit a standard diff to the car. Is there a special overdrive diff? I still have the original diff from the car but I was not aware that there is a difference.

Stanleywindrush Jan 18th, 2009 10:47

no difference in the diff...

Hiya - you won't have any issues fitting the overdrive and leaving the original diff. I'm not sure if the factory specs were slightly different but the reason I pointed out it was off an overdrive is the fact it wouldn't have been put under a lot of strain in its life..

All these parts would be of use to you I have here - they were amassed for my last rebuild that never took place!!

Baz

Steve121 Jan 19th, 2009 10:39

the Amazons with overdrive have a 4.56:1 ratio diff whereas non-OD cars have the higher geared 4.1:1 diff. When I first had OD fitted to mine I kept the non-OD diff on, but found the 'comfortable' cruising speed for the engine to be over 80mph, which wasn't much use, so now have the correct diff and makes for a much nicer drive.

222s Jan 19th, 2009 12:02

Estates also used the o/d ratio diff (irrelevant of whether or not o/d was actually fitted)

Stanleywindrush Jan 19th, 2009 12:47

Wide wheels still available

I still have all items here for sale - please let me know in next couple of days if anyone is interested - or they will have to go on ebay

Ta

Baz

Quarterless Jan 22nd, 2009 10:05

Dammit if my amazon was working I'd have that lot off you.
If anyone gets this and wants to sell parts. I am after a twin outlet exhaust manifold, alternator bracket, SU carbs (well I only want a cam off of one of them) and maybe the overdrive.