Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   How to reset "SRS AIRBAG SERVICE URGENT" (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=337606)

VolvoRob38 Jan 18th, 2024 17:41

How to reset "SRS AIRBAG SERVICE URGENT"

Hi all,

Just finished drying out my carpets /sponge from leaking windscreen, took the seats and carpet right out to dry. Obviously had to disconnect the battery / seat sensors to remove the seats.
Everything is now completely sealed and dry, and all put back good as new, happy days....

Problem now is this SRS AIRBAG SERVICE URGENT message on the dash that I can't get rid of. I assumed it would go off once everything was put back and battery reconnected. However no such luck.

I have been into Vida and clicked around while plugged into the car but cannot find anything relating to this particular issue.

Does anyone know how to reset this message and if its using Vida, please tell me where to look because I haven't got a scooby!

TIA 🫡

mlyno Jan 18th, 2024 20:05

I don't think you can reset it.
Numerous posts on here about this fault. It will probably be a case of sending the module(under the centre armrest) away for repair. Sent mine to Crashdata, Liverpool. About £600 cheaper than a replacement!

Simmy Jan 18th, 2024 20:46

read the srs module an if an hddd code is stored it will need to go to crash data or a similar company who can reset the message stored in the crash module . it can be found under the center console iv had this fault it cost abt £65 for this service.:regular_smile:

VolvoRob38 Jan 18th, 2024 23:58

You're joking!! 😅😅😅

Just because I took my seat out? Omg.... Didn't have a problem before lol

I saw something about 'crash module' when running the fault finder in vida. No way to reset it in the software no?

Where exactly is it located, is it under the storage compartment under the arm rest?

Happy new year to me!!! Ffs 😇

Clan Jan 19th, 2024 15:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by VolvoRob38 (Post 2931985)
Hi all,

Just finished drying out my carpets /sponge from leaking windscreen, took the seats and carpet right out to dry. Obviously had to disconnect the battery / seat sensors to remove the seats.
Everything is now completely sealed and dry, and all put back good as new, happy days....

Problem now is this SRS AIRBAG SERVICE URGENT message on the dash that I can't get rid of. I assumed it would go off once everything was put back and battery reconnected. However no such luck.

I have been into Vida and clicked around while plugged into the car but cannot find anything relating to this particular issue.

Does anyone know how to reset this message and if its using Vida, please tell me where to look because I haven't got a scooby!

TIA 🫡

what is the fault code stored?

you should be able to erase the fault codes if you have VIDA. and all ok. You don't need to send it away.

VolvoRob38 Jan 19th, 2024 22:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clan (Post 2932120)

you should be able to erase the fault codes if you have VIDA. and all ok. You don't need to send it away.

I didnt take note of the code, just saw crash module flagged up in vida. I'll have another go over the weekend and report back 👍

Simmy Jan 19th, 2024 23:55

the crash module dose not know what has happened it may think the air bags and seat belt tensioners have fired you need to find which codes have been logged to proceed with this. scan with vida and read the srs module.. to find what causing the srs message you may be lucky and be able to reset dependant on what you find.

VolvoRob38 Jan 26th, 2024 17:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clan (Post 2932120)

Cheers Clan, erased msgs and re-ran diagnostics, no problems at all, everything back to normal.
I did think it would be a bit of a cheek of volvo to require anything too heavy from simply removing seats, which could be required for any number of reasons.

I owe you 'another' beer, probably owe you a night out the amount of cash you've saved me over the years 😅

Thanks mate 🍻

Simmy Jan 26th, 2024 20:01

if you encounter any more srs fault codes try to look for which code no it is . great news that you managed to erase the fault code i was not that lucky and had to dismantle half the interior or the car to fix the crash module. dealer price £500 self fix £65 and a trip to liverpool