Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Door seals (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=216807)

arcturus Oct 28th, 2014 09:05

Door seals

1 Attachment(s)
What a B*****D. I now find that the paint shop has replaced the door seals the wrong way round. Removing them destroyed the seals and i need to order new ones! Also for some reason they have filled a hole for a trim strip fixing!

mocambique-amazone Oct 28th, 2014 10:51

Filled holes are common at the paintshop, for bad luck. Normally they are too small after too. be carefully, you will crack the paint, you open a door for corrosion.Good luck, regards, Kay

Derek UK Oct 28th, 2014 19:41

Can you get at that panel from the back? If so it's likely to have a bit of filler showing where the hole is. Very tiny drill needed, but any damage will be hidden behind the strip. Annoying but not a disaster. If both holes are there on the other side you may be able to find it by measurement. Lay out the line on a strip of masking tape and attack with a small drill.

John Crosskey Oct 28th, 2014 20:22

re, pv door seals

no problem. buy new ones there cheap from cvi-automotive.se. or vp-autoparts.se check out web sites...there cheap,best regards johnnypv

arcturus Oct 29th, 2014 20:45

What adhesive should I use for door rubbers, Contact?

arcturus Oct 30th, 2014 08:40

Another question, is it possible to buy the window "fuzzies" that's the felt like strip that wipes the door windows as they are wound up and down, on a roll rather than on the light frames to which they are attached? I would prefer to glue the felt on rather than have screw heads poking through.

blueosprey90 Oct 4th, 2019 13:11

I need help with my fuzzies too!

I'm planning to rehab the doors on my PV 444, 1957 version. California Sport model.

Prior owner had purchased window channels with fuzzies (I hope they are correct), but I'm unsure what to use on the horizontal part at the bottom of the window, both inside and out.

The CVI Automotive parts list for the drawing labeled "Door Components, PV" seems to show (25/26) part 95006/07 but it is described as "felt seal U-shaped, for door glass (4 pieces)", but I believe I need flat pieces, one inside and one outside that the window can slide up between.

The CVI parts list for the drawing labeled "Door Components, Duett" shows (45) part 92507 described as "Door glass scraper seal (Duett (genuine)", but only one, presumably for the outside of the glass. This seems more like what I have on the car now, but not really sure.

I hope someone here can provide guidance on what I need and how to apply. It looks like these are screwed on.

Thanks

Army Oct 4th, 2019 14:09

I got a complete door and window sealing "kit" (read assembled parts put in one handy box!) from the classic Volvo club here in Holland. As they seem to get their parts from vp (or other Swedish sources) I assume these handy kits are available from other sources too...

blueosprey90 Oct 4th, 2019 14:16

Prior owner must have planned to do the job and bought parts. But I suspect he was flummoxed by the two pieces that the glass rolls up through as well. I don't believe I have them.

old fart Oct 4th, 2019 15:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by arcturus (Post 1768433)
What a B*****D. I now find that the paint shop has replaced the door seals the wrong way round. Removing them destroyed the seals and i need to order new ones! Also for some reason they have filled a hole for a trim strip fixing!

Could you fill the rear part of the trim strip with body filler, then attach to the car with double sided tape?