Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=112)
-   -   V70: Body Noobie Post - V70 front fog light trim (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=302243)

Mattren Jan 9th, 2020 12:20

Noobie Post - V70 front fog light trim

Hi all, quick question but will the decor trim for the front fog lights as on Ocean Race model be able to be straight swapped onto the standard V70 fog lights (61 plate 2011/12 model).

I guess the R-design ones can be retro fitted but they have a (?) satin type finish so might look out of place with my standard chrome. I'm not looking to make mine into an R-design just like the look of a bit more chrome around the fog lights.

Thanks in advance
Matt.

mhon72 Jan 13th, 2020 01:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mattren (Post 2587554)
Hi all, quick question but will the decor trim for the front fog lights as on Ocean Race model be able to be straight swapped onto the standard V70 fog lights (61 plate 2011/12 model).

I guess the R-design ones can be retro fitted but they have a (?) satin type finish so might look out of place with my standard chrome. I'm not looking to make mine into an R-design just like the look of a bit more chrome around the fog lights.

Thanks in advance
Matt.

Hi
Yes it will fit up to the 2013 facelifted models.
I actually have a set from my previous V70 if you are interested.
Just getting round to listing a few accessories & upgrade parts removed when I sold it.
Cheers
Cheers

griston64 Jan 15th, 2020 13:51

I fitted the ocean race ones as they matched better

They look good

Mattren Jan 15th, 2020 20:29

Thanks griston, is there a difference between the Ocean Race ones over the Standard Chrome ones?

Mattren Jan 15th, 2020 20:30

Thanks mhon, which ones do you have? and as asked of griston whats the difference between the two types Standard and Ocean Race?

mhon72 Jan 16th, 2020 13:01

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mattren (Post 2589654)
Thanks mhon, which ones do you have? and as asked of griston whats the difference between the two types Standard and Ocean Race?

The Volvo Ocean Race have a slither of chrome at the top which I think adds a little bit to the front of the car than with the plain black plastic.
The R-Design are all matt/satin silver which doesn't match with the chrome on the standard front grill.

And just to correct my last reply I meant up to 2013 pre-facelift bumper models.

Also, I've listed these in the For Sales section along with a few other goodies.

Mattren Jan 19th, 2020 21:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by mhon72 (Post 2589836)
The Volvo Ocean Race have a slither of chrome at the top which I think adds a little bit to the front of the car than with the plain black plastic.
The R-Design are all matt/satin silver which doesn't match with the chrome on the standard front grill.

And just to correct my last reply I meant up to 2013 pre-facelift bumper models.

Also, I've listed these in the For Sales section along with a few other goodies.

Thanks mate unfortunately mine doesn’t have front PDC 😕, very good price as well