Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   XC90 '02–'15 Wants (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=174)
-   -   XC90 v8 4.4lt Executive "Urgently Wanted" (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=283301)

Chris Ridley Jun 23rd, 2018 12:39

XC90 v8 4.4lt Executive "Urgently Wanted"

Want to buy a XC90 v8 4.4lt Executive which must have Biss, Sunroof, happy to collect, so please PM me back with your contact details
Regards Chris

pete-d Jun 23rd, 2018 17:41

Good luck - there are only around 200 XC90 V8s in the UK and only around half of those are Executives. The chances of finding one with the exact spec you want are very slim - sadly.

This compares with D5 XC90s of which there are many thousands on the roads.

skippyfox Jun 23rd, 2018 22:25

Best of luck with that one. But why do you want the V8. A D5 has plenty of grunt if needed, with a damn sight less running cost.

Chris Ridley Jun 25th, 2018 09:34

Mysterious fire following Volvo Dealer repair

1 Attachment(s)
Yes I'm sadly more than aware how incredibly rare these v8's are as I personally owned what was probably the best kept v8 in the country up until three weeks ago after taking it to a Main Volvo Dealer to have a "minor" Repair carried out, now she's sadly a total loss.

AidXC90 Jun 25th, 2018 11:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Ridley (Post 2418042)
Yes I'm sadly more than aware how incredibly rare these v8's are as I personally owned what was probably the best kept v8 in the country up until three weeks ago after taking it to a Main Volvo Dealer to have a "minor" Repair carried out, now she's sadly a total loss.

:omg_smile::shocked:
I presume Volvo are paying up for that? What on earth happened!?

PJordan Jun 25th, 2018 11:44

OMG! - that is incredibly sad, you must feel numb.

Moose Test Jun 25th, 2018 16:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by skippyfox (Post 2417637)
But why do you want the V8. A D5 has plenty of grunt if needed, with a damn sight less running cost.

I have reason to suspect that's because if you don't object to the additional running costs, you have a highly performing SUV which doesn't sound like an ice cream van.

@Chris - Very sorry to hear that, I hope that you're able to find a suitable replacement.

Bonefishblues Jun 25th, 2018 18:45

Backstory definitely required!

pete-d Jun 25th, 2018 20:07

Quote:

Ouch - sorry to hear that. I hope you get a good payout for it and wish you luck in the search for a replacement. I've had my v8 nearly a month and love it!

Good luck :)

skippyfox Jun 25th, 2018 21:59

Quote:

Ouch. Now that is a kick in the nuts, hope you get it sorted.