Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   850/x70 S1 Sales (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   V70 2.5TDI Cylinder head (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=294108)

tfb Apr 23rd, 2019 09:09

V70 2.5TDI Cylinder head

I've been having a clear out of my shed and found a 2.5 tdi head that I bought from a breakers when the timing belt went on my V70 quite a few years ago but never ended up fitting

Rather than weigh it in for scrap, I'll offer it up for the price of shipping or free to collect or I could deliver in the evenings along the A1/M11 corridor / North,East or West London for a small sum depending upon how far out of my way you are.

Regards
Richard

Scdan4 Apr 23rd, 2019 22:11

I壇 give this a home on my workshop shelf as an umbrella Insurance policy for mine if no one else is interested. Be a shame to scrap it if it痴 good.

tfb Apr 24th, 2019 16:32

You can have it then.

Do you want me to post it or if it's any help I'll be in Basingstoke on the 11th in the evening?

Regards
Richard

Scdan4 Apr 25th, 2019 14:59

Thanks.

Ta muchly. Hopefully I値l never need it.

It値l be post I知 afraid. Would you care to get a price and then I値l PayPal that?

Many thanks
Dan

tfb Apr 27th, 2019 17:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scdan4 (Post 2515964)
Ta muchly. Hopefully I値l never need it.

It値l be post I知 afraid. Would you care to get a price and then I値l PayPal that?

Many thanks
Dan

I'll get you a price a bit later

badgered1 Apr 27th, 2019 18:55

2.5tdi head

We have just had our cambelt tensioner pulley bolt work loose and snap leaving the belt run loose..
Missus drove it all the way to March and back saying it was only making a noise when going slowly....
Must have been the centrifugal force on the loose belt changing the timing enough to stop the pistons hitting the valves.....
Only clattered on low revs!

I can turn it ok and the valves seem to rise and fall but I would be amazed if it hasn't damaged something.

If available I could pick it up, we are the other side of Wisbech.. :-)

Scdan4 Apr 28th, 2019 11:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by badgered1 (Post 2516489)
We have just had our cambelt tensioner pulley bolt work loose and snap leaving the belt run loose..
Missus drove it all the way to March and back saying it was only making a noise when going slowly....
Must have been the centrifugal force on the loose belt changing the timing enough to stop the pistons hitting the valves.....
Only clattered on low revs!

I can turn it ok and the valves seem to rise and fall but I would be amazed if it hasn't damaged something.

If available I could pick it up, we are the other side of Wisbech.. :-)

I知 only grabbing on the theory that if I have it I won稚 ever need it, so no objections here.
Hope it recovers well for you.

badgered1 Apr 28th, 2019 14:56

2.5tdi head

Thanks Scdan4,

I'll see what tfb says,

tfb Apr 30th, 2019 14:47

If you are sure you don't mind letting badgered1 have it then I'm fine with that.

badgered1 Apr 30th, 2019 15:53

Pm

Thanks for the private message, though I can稚 reply to it yet, not done enough posts!
Might be able to pick it up later, said partner in Cambridge today, maybe call in on way home. PM me your address or number.
If not I値l call in another time.

🙂