Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   Events and Meetings (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   General: Special Meet at MRG Chippenham 17th November (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=45755)

IC Oct 14th, 2007 08:38

Special Meet at MRG Chippenham 17th November

3 Attachment(s)
There is a special VOC meet at MRG Chppenham, Wiltshire on Saturday 17th November. I will post further details later on in the month. There may be an opportunity to see your car on a ramp and there may be some special offers on the day. This is an all-day event and technicians will be available to give advice. Please add your name if you want to come along to this interesting meet! http://www.dealer.volvocars.co.uk/mrg/chippenham/

pyaap Oct 14th, 2007 17:37

I will definitely be there! :)

I cannot speak highly enough of this dealership. All their staff are brilliant and from a technical perspective, they are very far ahead in the game when compared to other dealerships I have dealth with in the past. Since getting my last car from them over 6 years ago, there's only been a handful of new faces which in itself says a lot. And I can guarantee you that whatever you're after, anything from fault code reading and 4-wheel alignments (they have just bought state of the art equipment for this), right up to complete forged engine rebuilds, they've got the expertise available, having done it all before, and their work is top notch!!

y2blade Oct 19th, 2007 22:07

if i can. i will :)

pyaap Oct 19th, 2007 22:27

Yes, I would encourage as many people to come as possible. I've had a further communication from the service manager at MRG. They are closing their workshop for our exclusive use on the day and he is also arranging for the following:

1. "Snap-On" tool trade stand offering their products at trade prices.
2. "Autoglym" trade stand offering their products at trade prices.
3. Prize raffle with some excellent Volvo merchandise
4. Laser 4 wheel alignment at a discounted price
5. Air-Con regassing at a discounted price
6. Test drives in the latest Volvo models (must be arranged in advance as conditions apply)

These are just some of the items he has mentioned. In addition, they will have several Volvo master techs on site who can discuss any issues / concerns with forum members and members can get their cars up on the ramps for fault code diagnostics, demonstrations of VIDA etc. They will also have a tech present on the day who has experience with forged engine rebuilds. All this will be done on a "first come, first served" basis with the caveat that the work cannot be too extensive such that it deprives other forum members from having the time to get their cars up on the ramps. The trade stands etc. are subject to possible changes but we will hopefully be told in advance.

Alpha206 Oct 19th, 2007 22:31

I'll try & make it...I'd be interested in the laser wheel alignment if the price is right as I need to get it done!

pyaap Oct 19th, 2007 22:37

Prices for all the services on offer will be posted up closer to the date Graeme, but from my experience with them, I'm sure they will be extremely competitive. Their wheel alignment kit is only several weeks old and is really state of the art so I am sure they will be able to cater for pretty much anything you need in that respect.

dazzer Oct 21st, 2007 20:57

i need a aircon regas,is the discount offer only applicable to fully fledged voc members because i havent paid up to join yet,only a member of the forum.

cumbrianmale Oct 22nd, 2007 22:34

Join now dazzer and you'll get 14 and a bit months for the price of 12.

doorman Oct 23rd, 2007 18:33

All going well, I should be able to make this one, again, any idea on price for regassing?
Regards
David

pyaap Oct 23rd, 2007 19:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by dazzer (Post 306586)
i need a aircon regas,is the discount offer only applicable to fully fledged voc members because i havent paid up to join yet,only a member of the forum.

As far as I know, this is being operated on the same basis as our regular Crooked Billet meet is, that is, anyone and everyone is welcome to attend. Although, I must say that there definitely are many benefits to being a fully paid up member of the club, which will more than outweigh the membership costs.