Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   Events and Meetings (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Possible NE Weekend Meet? (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=70831)

pacman67 Apr 18th, 2009 19:42

Possible NE Weekend Meet?

I,d like to see what interest there would be if I organised a weekend meet near Scotch Corner/A1, possibly later this summer.
It would take the form of Camping, BBQ/Food, Bar, possibly live music, and the chance to show your motors.
I,ve been involved with weekend gigs before so can organise all the infrastructure. If anyone interested would let me know to give me an idea of numbers, then i will workout costs etc.

Chris740R Apr 18th, 2009 19:56

Sounds good, I'd never say no to a BBQ, count me in.

Stoney Strike Apr 18th, 2009 21:07

As has been said before, as long there's no work or gig coficts I'll be in. Maybe not camping, as I'm just up the road. But then again, bands n booze? Might be a stop over anyway!:pizza:

julesyoung Apr 18th, 2009 21:13

put me down for 2 tickets

cumbrianmale Apr 18th, 2009 22:17

I'm in as long as I'm free.

mario850 Apr 19th, 2009 17:50

i'm in as long as i can bring the caravan and my tw***ng car is fixed had just about enough of it at the moment

pacman67 Apr 21st, 2009 21:22

Right Ho people, Who would fancy Sedgfield Racecourse, we can hire the site, have camping and BBQ, and there would be a Bar.
If we wanted this i would need 100 people, to make it viable, cost possible £15, depending what you all want. Maybe we could have a prize or two?
I have a provisional date of 12 Sept 09.

Chris740R Apr 21st, 2009 22:07

wow, thats going to be big!

£15 is fine with me

Stoney Strike Apr 21st, 2009 22:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by pacman67 (Post 495597)
Right Ho people, Who would fancy Sedgfield Racecourse, we can hire the site, have camping and BBQ, and there would be a Bar.
If we wanted this i would need 100 people, to make it viable, cost possible £15, depending what you all want. Maybe we could have a prize or two?
I have a provisional date of 12 Sept 09.

Just a thought, if you're going THAT big, it might be an idea to rope in the WHOLE site and (gulp!) VOLVO themselves? Just a thought, but it might be an idea to cover a bit of the costs through sponsorship n the like?:lightbulb:

pacman67 Apr 22nd, 2009 18:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stoney Strike (Post 495691)
Just a thought, if you're going THAT big, it might be an idea to rope in the WHOLE site and (gulp!) VOLVO themselves? Just a thought, but it might be an idea to cover a bit of the costs through sponsorship n the like?:lightbulb:

I,ll give it a go but past experience with getting sponsorship is like getting blood from a stone! The quote ive got is for the centre area inside the track for camping etc, and for the bar to open for us. We would definitely need approx 100 though, which with the ammount of folk on here, it should be easy?
Spread the word everyone i think it could be good.