Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   Trader's Offers & Discounts (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Independent Servicing in Nottingham? (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=21246)

chig1063 Nov 28th, 2008 15:17

Claytons of Mansfield

The guys from Claytons came from what used to be Speeds of Mansfield, I have not had the car serviced by them yet (only ordered parts up to date) but I had no problems with the work carried out by Speeds, we always used Speeds and received a professional service every time, then Stratstone took over and that was a completely different story.

mrbigz77 Apr 5th, 2009 23:59

I recommend giving David Pengelly a call on 0115 9781117 or looking at www.dpavolvo.co.uk. Stratstone quoted me £812 for a 7 year/84K service with cam belt/tension pully etc. David explained this was unnecessary until around 9 years (he showed me the service schedule), as my mileage is just 66.5K on a 02 plate S60. He charged just £177 for a full service, including oil change etc.

He explained that rather than blindly following the Volvo schedule, he checks every part every year. He replaces anything that needs replacing, but leaves alone anything that does not. This is especially good when you consider Stratstone's huge mark ups.

I get the impression that he could easily survive on repeat business. Good service at a fraction of the cost of Stratstone.

Highly recommended.

Steve

robbhatt Jan 23rd, 2011 17:05

Try Dimitris bodyshop in Netherfield. Ive had a couple of cars in his place. He did a good job at a reasonable price on both occassions. Hes a one man operation.
Quote:

Originally Posted by clarker (Post 136549)
Talk about a lifesaving thread here was me thinking I'd be putting business the newly renamed "stratstone" way...

On the same point anyone got any recommendations on paint repair in the Notts area? My beloved C70 is now looking the worse for wear having left it at the airport for a few days this week :(

- Russ

bobwhite Sep 25th, 2019 15:37

Dpa

I've been using Dave Pengelly for years. Honest and effective.

93240se Dec 27th, 2019 09:22

Dave Pengelly Autocare

New address for DPA Nottingham

11 RAWSON STREET
BASFORD
NOTTINGHAM
NG7 7FR

TEL 0115 978 1117

Still giving excellent service !
regards, Richard.

davedru Mar 3rd, 2020 09:14

Does anybody have any experience with The Volvo Workshop in Chesterfield?

Discombobulated Mar 3rd, 2020 21:29

Sorry but no, never used them so can’t help there.

My step dad used to use Speeds of Mansfield, IIRC the service manager was called Keith Clayton and when Speeds closed he opened Claytons Volvo in Mansfield, he always seemed like a really decent guy.

I have used Riverside in Doncaster and South Carlton Motors (Carlton in Lindrick) and have been really impressed with both.

I see you’re in Sheffield, were you aware there’s a spanking new Volvo dealership opened just behind Penistone Road next to Toyota? I’m not sure if their technicians came from the old dealership though?

Cheers, Luke