Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   XC60 delivery timescale (replacing my XC90) (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=337062)

Lexman8 Dec 19th, 2023 13:50

XC60 delivery timescale (replacing my XC90)

I ordered an XC60 Recharge Ultimate in early Sep with anticpated delivery of Dec 2023. Subsequently this was pushed back to end Jan 2024. I've just had an updated delivery estimate of August 2024, almost a year after ordering it. I've said this is unacceptable and the dealer is pursuing it with Volvo UK. What if August isn't even achievable?

It has me wondering what is going on with Volvo. The XC60 is popular but is it really that popular? Supply chain issues should be largely history now. Or has shifting production to China caused unforeseen problems? Also, are other territories suffering similar delays? Or is it the B word that cannot be uttered?

Obviously it puts me in a dilemma: cancel the order (thus losing the deal) and go elsewhere or wait it out?

ijkgenesis Dec 19th, 2023 15:05

Must contact my dealer as I ordered the same XC60 model early September with same dates Dec/January you mention...

chrisrixy Dec 19th, 2023 17:30

MY25 Price list

Well the discounts have been reduced in the last couple of days on XC60 & XC90 - on the XC90 recharge it was about £11k, now it is £7k. Lead times have increased, and there are fewer stock/short delivery cars than a month ago.

The MY25 Pricelist is out for the XC60 - Ultimate has gone - so I assume you will get an Ultra... Not sure of the changes...

https://www.volvocars.com/images/v/-...-pricelist.pdf

It's a long wait, and a big jump from Jan to Aug - so good luck.

ijkgenesis Dec 19th, 2023 18:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by ijkgenesis (Post 2927813)
Must contact my dealer as I ordered the same XC60 model early September with same dates Dec/January you mention...

Just heard from my dealer that car has been built and is awaiting shipping to Bristol. However as long delays at Bristol due to a backlog that has built up so will not be shipped until the backlog cleared. Still expect to pick up car late January

Philip Fisher Dec 19th, 2023 18:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by ijkgenesis (Post 2927843)
Just heard from my dealer that car has been built and is awaiting shipping to Bristol. However as long delays at Bristol due to a backlog that has built up so will not be shipped until the backlog cleared. Still expect to pick up car late January

Am to understand that the car is in China and will be shipped to Bristol? If so, then I think end of Jan is quite optimistic.

Lexman8 Dec 19th, 2023 19:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by ijkgenesis (Post 2927843)
Just heard from my dealer that car has been built and is awaiting shipping to Bristol.

Well that’s interesting! Two cars essentially the same as the only options were colour of paint and interior yet one being delivered 7 months after the other?

I’ll be onto my dealer in the morning.

Lexman8 Dec 19th, 2023 19:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philip Fisher (Post 2927849)
Am to understand that the car is in China and will be shipped to Bristol? If so, then I think end of Jan is quite optimistic.

Have to agree now that shipping through the Suez and Panama canals is restricted. I assume cars are no longer coming via Russia either.

Philip Fisher Dec 20th, 2023 09:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lexman8 (Post 2927855)
Have to agree now that shipping through the Suez and Panama canals is restricted. I assume cars are no longer coming via Russia either.

We get goods from China to our factory. Now China is a big place and shipping routes vary, but in normal times we reckon 6 to 12 weeks for delivery. We have been warned that because of the middle east issues this is now going to be longer.

Yes I also assume the overland train route stopped after the sanctions imposed on Putin.

MG14 Dec 20th, 2023 14:57

I went to see my dealer for an update today. Ordered in early October, I was anticipating a mid-Feb delivery. Now told it’s early May. The dealer did expect that to improve but I’m a bit narked that no one had updated me on this 2 month+ slip.

Lexman8 Dec 20th, 2023 16:08

I called the Volvo UK sales line today for an update to see if they had any more info than the dealer had.

It was a complete waste of time. Spoke to someone in a far off land (with a 2 second round-trip delay on the audio) who said that there was nothing on the system to say when it might be delivered and couldn't offer any explanation for the delay. A typical call-centre experience.

I'm glad I ordered it through a dealer because at least there's someone to 'have a go at'. Heaven help anyone who ordered directly and has a call-centre to deal with.