Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   "Book Time For Service" (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=270286)

phil1968 Jul 12th, 2017 21:49

"Book Time For Service"

I'm assuming this message can only be reset by a dealer? I managed to reset the "Book Time For Regular Service" message this time last year but this one won't reset using the same method.

LizardOfBodom Jul 13th, 2017 09:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by phil1968 (Post 2296478)
I'm assuming this message can only be reset by a dealer? I managed to reset the "Book Time For Regular Service" message this time last year but this one won't reset using the same method.

AFAIR this message is your car trying to "tell you something unusuall needs to be carried out", so it should be accompanied with some kind of fault stored in memory (not necessarily accompanied with CEL). Do you have access to any OBD2 reader just to scan and see?

martin93 Jul 18th, 2017 21:49

This literally just means your car is due a service. I'll give you the method again incase you're missing something. After you've serviced your car, turn the ignition switch to position 1. Hold down the trip reset button and at the same time turn the ignition switch to position 2. The yellow 'i' light will start flashing eventually. When this happens, release the button you should hear a 'bing' and the light will be reset until next year. If this doesn't do the trick, then it will be a dealer job.

This light does not indicate a fault. If there was a fault, the display will be saying something like "Engine system service required" or "Anti-skid service required" etc etc.

Welton Jul 19th, 2017 07:58

Indeed, it's just a 'calendar' reminder based on 12 months.

martin93's method is correct and an even easier way is to 'youtube' it and take your phone out to the car and follow what they do :thumbs_up:

LizardOfBodom Jul 19th, 2017 10:08

How come he's unable to reset it this time and message is different?

Correct me if Im wrong but I thought there are 2 version of "book for service" message, one for regular interval-type, that you can reset by combination on dash, and another for unusal stuff like DPF oe Eolys recharge or whatever it was, no?

dcw Jul 19th, 2017 11:09

The method given by Martin and Welton for resetting "book time for regular service" is indeed correct, but I am with Lizard on this one: "book time for service" is not the same message...

I too think it is issue specific which is why it won't reset as the other one does.

On the routine service message the procedure resets the time/distance counters, whereas anything else will need rectifying and an error code clearing.

David

phil1968 Jul 19th, 2017 21:28

Yep, I have indeed been able to reset the "Book time for regular service" message before using the method given by Martin93 that is also on YouTube, but it won't reset this "Book time for service" message. Maybe it only allows you to reset the "Book time for regular service" message once & when it thinks a service is due again (this is a year on from when I reset the "Book time for regular service" message). I've booked it in for a service anyway, last year I just changed the oil & oil filter & reset the message.

Parisien Feb 4th, 2019 17:18

Had saved the thread so my indie could rest after servicing it today but then found my 2007 V50 doesn't have the trip reset button and no reference in handbook as to how to reset, help!

P

Parisien Feb 4th, 2019 18:52

OK, my better half (some say better 95%:tounge_smile:) has a 2012 C30 and lo and behold it has only one button on the instrument cluster and guess what it's for, yes trip reset, so I'll give it a try tomorrow!

P

iainmd Feb 4th, 2019 19:26

If you have a 2 knob dash unit the following should work:

Service Indicator Reset
1. Press and hold trip odometer reset button
2. Turn ignition key to run position KPII
3. Wait 30 seconds or until service light begins blinking
4. Release Trip Odometer button
5. Turn ignition to off position