Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   XC60 vs V90 (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=326801)

PXe Jul 29th, 2022 23:32

XC60 vs V90

Hi Everyone,

I would like to ask your opinion about V90 T6 recharge vs XC60 T6 Recharge, I will have to use the car in Mountain Roads and long trips.

Thanks for your opinions

Volvocano Jul 30th, 2022 22:02

Both.

How much space do you need? That's the answer.

Shadybeanz Jul 30th, 2022 22:10

This recent article might be helpful

https://www.pistonheads.com/news/ph-...h-review/45974

S90 Aug 3rd, 2022 10:26

In my opinion the 90 series is a far better finished and more luxurious car. We recently had an XC60 T6 in the USA and compared with the S90 I have it was very obviously a cheaper trim.

Barring the lugging capacity I would always go for a 90 series.

v40tompointer Aug 3rd, 2022 21:26

I narrowed my choice between xc60 vs v90, i also agree v90 felt more luxurious,
To compromise consider the v90 CC,additional ground clearance with 4wd ,great for mountain roads.
V90 will have slightly better realistic mpg compared to xc60.
I dont know on T6 versions though, i'm can only compare a D4

Chudy85 Aug 4th, 2022 07:32

I had test drive in V60, V90, XC60 and XC90 and to be honest V90 is the car that fits me. Back to your question i will definitely go for V90 or as suggested if you need bigger ground clearance V90CC

ThomasC91 Aug 4th, 2022 07:49

V90.

It's just so sexy.

I was admiring one yesterday whilst driving past a marked V90 police car. The copper looked at me and must have thought I was dodgy. Lol

I think it's the best Volvo out there imo. I don't need an estate so I have the s90

The s90 is basically the exact same car, but shape is different and is a saloon rather than estate. Loads of room in mine, very spacious and the boot is long, but narrow which can be a bit of a pain.

Frankiee Aug 4th, 2022 23:00

I’ve had the S90 Rdesign D4, V90 CC T5 and now the 22MY XC60B5p.
Here’s my opinion…
S90 - fantastic car, massively underrated, fit and finished as good as my old Panamera. The D4 was a little underpowered but a great car for eating the miles.
V90 T5 Cross Country- again excellent fit and finished and probably the most versatile car I’ve owned. Very comfy on long journeys only issue was the well documented black screen on the Sensus system.
XC60 22my B5P - again great quality, but you know you’ve take a step down in the range, not as much leather, and many of the options that are standard on the 90 series cars (that I wanted) were cost options when I ordered originally. Quite a bit smaller in the rear passenger leg room, but the Google interface more than makes up for some of the other shortfalls.
My next XC60 is due in September, so we’ll see how that one goes….

ThomasC91 Aug 5th, 2022 08:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankiee (Post 2838038)
I’ve had the S90 Rdesign D4, V90 CC T5 and now the 22MY XC60B5p.
Here’s my opinion…
S90 - fantastic car, massively underrated, fit and finished as good as my old Panamera. The D4 was a little underpowered but a great car for eating the miles.
V90 T5 Cross Country- again excellent fit and finished and probably the most versatile car I’ve owned. Very comfy on long journeys only issue was the well documented black screen on the Sensus system.
XC60 22my B5P - again great quality, but you know you’ve take a step down in the range, not as much leather, and many of the options that are standard on the 90 series cars (that I wanted) were cost options when I ordered originally. Quite a bit smaller in the rear passenger leg room, but the Google interface more than makes up for some of the other shortfalls.
My next XC60 is due in September, so we’ll see how that one goes….

I don't find the D4 underpowered at all, but I suppose it's what you're use to. It's a compromise. I'd rather pay £30 road tax and year and get 53 mpg than paying £150+ road tax and be filling up every few days.

RSK55 Aug 8th, 2022 10:59

I traded my late '18 XC60 T5 in for an early '19 V90CC T5, and am very happy with it.
The carrying capacity for my purposes is far better, the towing capacity (car transporter with various classic cars on the back) is pretty much the same, super quality feel and the most comfortable seats I've ever had in a car. Over the last couple of seriously hot weeks I've done a couple of thousand miles through France four-up and with holiday luggage, and I can't imagine a nicer car to have used for this.
Downsides:
Engine - I wish it had a less stressed motor, e.g. a 3-litre 6-pot petrol, but that's not an option. The 4-pot sounds a bit thrashy when pushed, but that's the same for both XC60 and V90 and most other things these days.
Annoying electrical issues - support battery service warning coming and going, and failure of right steering wheel button - see separate thread for these. Second 4-hr round trip to the suppyling dealer coming up in 3 weeks, let's hope they can find something wrong this time!