Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   New safety features for Volvo cars MY2021 (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=296735)

jonnyu Jul 18th, 2019 08:57

New safety features for Volvo cars MY2021

A lot of you are already aware of the new safety features Volvo will introduce in 2021.
To tackle issues regarding intoxication, speeding and distraction, Volvo will introduce the following technologies on their current lineup before debuting SPA2:

-Care key: is basically a key with locked configurations that will allow you to setup a key with configurations like speed limit, in case you need to lend your car to an inexperienced driver.
-Geofencing: the car will limit the speed itself automatically in sensitive zones or areas. We already have more or less this system on today's car but they are dependent on road sign information. Geofencing will be based on your GPS data.
-In-car cameras: cameras and sensors will automatically be monitoring your face and driving behavior. Whenever the car evaluates that you might be intoxicated or sleepy, it will automatically stop the car and will park it in a safe area. Maybe this combined with the autonomous driving level 4 available in 2022, the car may even take you home with auto-pilot (guessing).

https://www.volvocars.com/intl/why-v...ure-of-driving

Clan Jul 18th, 2019 09:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonnyu (Post 2537274)
A lot of you are already aware of the new safety features Volvo will introduce in 2021.
To tackle issues regarding intoxication, speeding and distraction, Volvo will introduce the following technologies on their current lineup before debuting SPA2:

-Care key: is basically a key with locked configurations that will allow you to setup a key with configurations like speed limit, in case you need to lend your car to an inexperienced driver.
-Geofencing: the car will limit the speed itself automatically in sensitive zones or areas. We already have more or less this system on today's car but they are dependent on road sign information. Geofencing will be based on your GPS data.
-In-car cameras: cameras and sensors will automatically be monitoring your face and driving behavior. Whenever the car evaluates that you might be intoxicated or sleepy, it will automatically stop the car and will park it in a safe area. Maybe this combined with the autonomous driving level 4 available in 2022, the car may even take you home with auto-pilot (guessing).

https://www.volvocars.com/intl/why-v...ure-of-driving

Very soon the 2020 models are coming with a SIM as standard with 100gb of data so your car will always be able to be connected for navigation extras and car to car systems data communication etc ...

Roosterb Jul 18th, 2019 09:18

Yay... even more stuff to go wrong 😡

jonnyu Jul 18th, 2019 11:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roosterb (Post 2537286)
Yay... even more stuff to go wrong 😡

I believe that you wont be very fond of the autonomous driving level 4 from nVidia as well in the new SPA2 :regular_smile:

Haldex Jul 18th, 2019 11:13

Willingly turning the autopilot on is one thing- being forced to use one and having my car tracked non-stop is a completely different pair of shoes.

weemark Jul 18th, 2019 11:30

And given the f&^% up they've made of a simple Spotify upgrade - no I am still not able to get this working - having a car with all of this kind of additional IT wizardry in there would give me the willies

WhatNext? Jul 18th, 2019 11:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by weemark (Post 2537316)
And given the f&^% up they've made of a simple Spotify upgrade - no I am still not able to get this working - having a car with all of this kind of additional IT wizardry in there would give me the willies

Did you try deleting it and reinstall?

Clan Jul 18th, 2019 11:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by weemark (Post 2537316)

There was an IT problem a couple of weeks ago , m not sure if it was the spotify end or volvos end .

weemark Jul 18th, 2019 12:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bloke69 (Post 2537319)
Did you try deleting it and reinstall?

more times than I care to remember yes - just keep getting the spinning wheel of doom -

gaby Jul 18th, 2019 12:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonnyu (Post 2537274)

Is this different from the red key that's available already?