Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 Wants (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=190)
-   -   XC60 LHD Headlamps (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=121194)

leseduts Apr 4th, 2011 15:28

XC60 LHD Headlamps

Does anyone have any idea of the cost and availability of LHD headlamps for my XC60. I am taking it to France for a couple of years and do not want to run with bits of sticky tape on my headlights.

Slickfingers Apr 28th, 2011 20:28

Lhd headlamps

Did you get anywhere with the headlamps?

wimorrison May 2nd, 2011 10:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by leseduts (Post 878221)
Does anyone have any idea of the cost and availability of LHD headlamps for my XC60. I am taking it to France for a couple of years and do not want to run with bits of sticky tape on my headlights.

Xenons can be changed electronically, halogen will need new headlamp units from Volvo --- expensive :(

Niggles May 5th, 2011 15:29

I got some with my tax free car from Volvo as I was taking it to Germany - I think they were about 200 quid. It is a 2 minute job to swap them over (unlike my previous Audi A4 that had to have the whole front bumbper etc taken off). Try giving the Hatfield Tax Free HQ a call.

leseduts May 25th, 2011 13:06

XC 60 LHD Headlights.

I will contact Hatfield Tax Free and see if they can help. I have just had a quote from a Volvo dealer who wants £340 per light. If I could find 'proper' converters that I could put on as required it would not be a problem. I am finding that the lenses are getting very hot were the tape is stuck on, and no doubt it will mark the glass eventually.

Slickfingers May 25th, 2011 19:22

Xc60 headlamps

If you have no joy finding any, PM me privately and I will find a telephone number for you in Germany. There is a LHD Continental Light Shop that advertises through a Forces newspaper in Germany (Sixth Sense). There is also an abundance of XC 60s where I live in Germany (Forces). There are always squaddies changing there cars.

I am changing over my car in August and have a set of Xenons that will be available early August.

Superbock May 26th, 2011 15:25

I also have the same problems in finding continental headlights for my Volvo S60 (2005). Well at a reasonable price anyway ......... I tried to PM you Slickfingers but it wouldnt let me until I have more than 30 posts! If I put an email contact on here or maybe you can PM me, could you possibly send me the contact info you have in Germany. I have searched Ebay in every country now. Happy to pay up to €350 for a set ....... but not the €600 I keep coming across :-( Thanks.

Slickfingers May 26th, 2011 20:05

Lhd headlamps

Gents,

Have a look at www.rogersheadlights.com. There is a set of S60 for 350 euros. Some are quite expensive.

Alternate is try to advertise in the Forces paper. Try www.sixthsense.bfgnet.de

The Sixth Sense is not fully on line. In this weeks adds there is 2 set of XC 60 headlamps for sale for 150 euros per set. Good deal.

Telephone: 0049 521 2084323 or

0049 5241 9982780
Both are private numbers. Just say you seen the advertisement in the Sixth Sense. Should not cost any more than an extra 20 euros for postage.

Be Quick - they sell fairly quickly

Slickfingers May 26th, 2011 20:10

Lhd headlamps - another site

In addition, try this one:

http://www.headlamp-shop.com/

They sell all makes and have lots of older editions.

I have in my cellar LHD lights for:

Volvo XC90
Mercedes (peanut shape)
Jaguar XF (Xenon)

Lots of LHD Headlamps lurking all over Germany of forces personnel who have just not been able to sell them on.

Superbock May 26th, 2011 22:51

Many thanks, Rogers headlamps are the 00-04 set which is why they are cheaper. I need the 2005 onwards set ...... suddenly twice the price, like the ones available at the headlamp shop.
I will definitely post a wanted add in the sixth sense newspaper. Thank you for that, I wouldnt have come across that one.
I also know when I come to sell my RHD headlamps ..... I wont be able to get 50p for them ...... its the way it always goes. A set for my cellar perhaps!
On a brighter note I did manage to swap the rear fog light over to the left hand side. :party: