Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Half Price Discs (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=291024)

Jonathank Jan 24th, 2019 17:38

Half Price Discs

After reading good things about FRF Volvo in Swansea I went over there today to get a service kit for my C70. Whilst there I asked about the price on front discs and pads. They have them on special offer at the moment - HALF PRICE.

A pair of Volvo 320mm discs £67.50, pads £36, £124.20 total with the vat. Bargain.

I met the famed Simon and his coworker Mike. What great guys. Knowledgeable, helpful and friendly.

In my opinion businesses like this deserve our support. I have no connection with FRF but I highly recommend them.

StatusRed Jan 25th, 2019 08:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonathank (Post 2488368)
After reading good things about FRF Volvo in Swansea I went over there today to get a service kit for my C70. Whilst there I asked about the price on front discs and pads. They have them on special offer at the moment - HALF PRICE.

A pair of Volvo 320mm discs £67.50, pads £36, £124.20 total with the vat. Bargain.

I met the famed Simon and his coworker Mike. What great guys. Knowledgeable, helpful and friendly.

In my opinion businesses like this deserve our support. I have no connection with FRF but I highly recommend them.

Oh damn! I just bought a pair of 320mm calipers and will need discs, sounds a bargain! Might get onto them.. Thanks!

LizardOfBodom Jan 25th, 2019 09:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonathank (Post 2488368)

Exactly , fair play to them! - if dealerships were not so greeedy, we would all have less hassle sourcing aftermarket replacements. Prices for lots of OEM parts are same or even less than aftermarket ones but dealership put so much "customer tax" on them that it deters everyone from buying...

FunkyMelon Jan 25th, 2019 12:54

If they can sell them at half price and still make a reasonable profit it shows how much markup they are making on them at full price.

Ridiculous!

StatusRed Jan 25th, 2019 16:30

Phoned up and got the same quote, probably going to order tomorrow. He explained that Volvo have "specials" on certain service items every x months, might be starter motors in a month or two for example but some dealers apparently don't pass this onto their customers but FRF do.

FunkyMelon Jan 25th, 2019 21:26

I wonder if they'll give us a heads up on next months deal.

If it's air condensers or wheel bearings I'll stock up....:D

Jonathank Jan 26th, 2019 00:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by StatusRed (Post 2488706)
Phoned up and got the same quote, probably going to order tomorrow. He explained that Volvo have "specials" on certain service items every x months, might be starter motors in a month or two for example but some dealers apparently don't pass this onto their customers but FRF do.

That’s what they told me. Also, some dealers don’t pass on the savings and just take the extra profit. The whole point of Volvo doing the specials is to shift stock. They won’t do that if the dealers don’t pass it on.

All power to FRF for being fair.

Jonathank Jan 26th, 2019 00:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by FunkyMelon (Post 2488800)
I wonder if they'll give us a heads up on next months deal.

If it's air condensers or wheel bearings I'll stock up....:D

I’m going to suggest it next time I go in which won’t be long. They offer a power flush facility for automatic gearbox fluid changes so I’m going to get it done. I cam buy the fluid from parts at a discount and the service guys will just charge me Labour. Can’t say fairer than that.

StatusRed Feb 6th, 2019 08:20

Got my 320mm discs, pads and backing plates arriving today. Won't be able to actually check them out until the end of the month when I'm back though ;(