Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   The end is nigh (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=302714)

Desseardo Jan 21st, 2020 21:33

The end is nigh

It’s been nearly two years since getting my XC90 and the lease is coming to the end. The second service is due a week or so before handing it back to Volvo finance.
I’ve done 15,000 miles, out of 20,000 allowance in those two years.
However I’ve been reading through the terms and conditions and it states that Volvo will charge me £100 plus vat for every missed service.
Surely it’ll be cheaper for me to miss the second service and pay the charge?
I can’t find any where in the terms that they charge me for a service on top.

Considering the car is immaculate and below the agreed mileage, surely Volvo won’t be too ****ed off?

Has anyone been in a similar situation?

Regards jamie

soupytwister Jan 21st, 2020 21:57

Arrange to hand it back a week early if you want to be absolutely sure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Desseardo (Post 2591788)
It’s been nearly two years since getting my XC90 and the lease is coming to the end. The second service is due a week or so before handing it back to Volvo finance.
I’ve done 15,000 miles, out of 20,000 allowance in those two years.
However I’ve been reading through the terms and conditions and it states that Volvo will charge me £100 plus vat for every missed service.
I can’t find any where in the terms that they charge me for a service on top.

Considering the car is immaculate and below the agreed mileage, surely Volvo won’t be too ****ed off?

Has anyone been in a similar situation?

Regards jamie

CocoPops Jan 21st, 2020 22:16

You get a month or 1000 mile leeway on services.

So you'll be fine.

Parky12 Jan 22nd, 2020 05:46

Last time and this one will be going back a month early or more as the penalty is less than the service cost. Also means I get a new car earlier :regular_smile:

SuffolkBoy Jan 22nd, 2020 08:03

When I had my 2 year PCH XC60, I didn’t have the first service until almost 13 months, that way the second service wasn’t due until after the car went back.

I was advised to do this by my Dealer.

Director76 Jan 22nd, 2020 09:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuffolkBoy (Post 2591857)
When I had my 2 year PCH XC60, I didn’t have the first service until almost 13 months, that way the second service wasn’t due until after the car went back.

I was advised to do this by my Dealer.

Yep - we do that on all lease cars we have / we’ve had. Push eash service to just inside time / miles limit (but be sure to book it in well in advance, don’t want to get caught short!) and by the end of the term, no service or penalty should be due

Fursty Ferret Jan 22nd, 2020 15:26

Quote:

I did this on a 4-year Vauxhall lease, no issues at all. I think the saving was close to £1,500. Only things I changed on the car were tyres and wiper blades.

Desseardo Jan 22nd, 2020 18:56

Just spoke to Volvo and have arranged for the XC90 to be picked up just before the service is due. That way I won’t have to pay for a service and penalty charge for missing it. They also said they wouldn’t pick it up if the service light was on.

Matter of interest can the car itself bring forward the service if for instance the car was being trashed?

Better get that scraped front alloy wheel repaired!

👍

Director76 Jan 22nd, 2020 23:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Desseardo (Post 2592066)
Better get that scraped front alloy wheel repaired!

Don’t bother, check but you’ll likely find there’s a fixed menu price for wheel damage beyond wear and tear. On our VWFS leased Tiguan it’s £35 wheel (includes diamond cut)...

Try and get a wheel repaired for that. Can remember what the XC90 wheel rate is, buts it’s similar (we don’t lease through volvo direct)

Director76 Jan 22nd, 2020 23:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fursty Ferret (Post 2591992)
I did this on a 4-year Vauxhall lease, no issues at all. I think the saving was close to £1,500. Only things I changed on the car were tyres and wiper blades.

Vauxhalls kind of deserve that sort of treatment. Personally, I wouldn’t have bothered with the wiper blades...!