Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   XC90 '02–'15 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Sat Nav/Phone: XC90 phone? firmware (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=51364)

trignflo Jan 16th, 2008 22:40

XC90 phone? firmware

Does anybody know if Volvo has upgraded the firmware in the phone inside the XC90?

I have an 04 plate, and everytime I turn the vehicle on, I get a service message from phone company which basically tells the 'phone' if I have any texts or answerphone messages.... the text message is blank and has to be deleted everytime, not a major problem but gets very annoying....

The phone should not display this message and it should all go on in the background so to speak.

Is there a way to find out what version of the firmware I have?

TnF

tem Jan 17th, 2008 09:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by trignflo (Post 352556)
Does anybody know if Volvo has upgraded the firmware in the phone inside the XC90?

I have an 04 plate, and everytime I turn the vehicle on, I get a service message from phone company which basically tells the 'phone' if I have any texts or answerphone messages.... the text message is blank and has to be deleted everytime, not a major problem but gets very annoying....

The phone should not display this message and it should all go on in the background so to speak.

Is there a way to find out what version of the firmware I have?

TnF

Reading your text, you seem to have asked for a specific service from your mobile company. Try temporary cancelling this service, or remove existing "sim" card and replace with another, from a different service provider, to see if this will fix problem.(borrow, son's, daughters,etc)

Having owned two XC90's with Comm's Pack, I have not experianced your problems.
As the phone and Sat Nav come as a combined package, the only way that I can think that upgrades are carried out, is when a new dvd is released.
To find your latest installed system, you will need to go into the "about" menue within the Sat Nav.
But not 100% sure if the information includes the phone system, as well as the Sat Nav.

tem.

Bigstoo Jan 17th, 2008 17:34

the standard way of checking the firmware version on a normal handset is typing *#0000#. Not sure if this will work on the volvo comms pack though?

Glen Morangie Jan 17th, 2008 18:41

Don't know about the XC90 comms pack

But I've had this problem with ordinary phones when I've inserted a simcard in a phone which doesn't have the same facilities as the one from which the SIM was removed - like WAP browsing, picture messaging or email.

The network keeps trying to send the setup info to the phone, which can't do whatever's needed.

Bigstoo Jan 18th, 2008 12:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigstoo (Post 352915)
the standard way of checking the firmware version on a normal handset is typing *#0000#. Not sure if this will work on the volvo comms pack though?

:lightbulb: it doesnt, I tried it.

ianu Jan 19th, 2008 22:07

Hello TnF,
I also get a 'blank' message on the phone in my car which until erased keeps sending a reminder each time you turn on the ignition.
The conclusion I came to was that you only get this when a call has diverted to v/mail and someone has actually left you a message.
If they don't I tend to get a standard 'missed call' message.

It is a bit annoying as it took me a while to figure out why I kept getting blank messages for no apparent reason. I don't know if it's down to Phone provider or the car software not being compatible with the v/mail message alert ?

Hope this helps a bit - if anyone knows a way to make it more informative with an update to the software - great.

Cheers
Ian.
PS 05MY D5.

trignflo Jan 20th, 2008 19:13

Thanks for your help, I guess this is something I'll have to live with. As I'm on orange, I understand when your phone logs onto the system a text is sent which contains only system characters telling your phone if you have any voice mail messages. It would appear that the inbuilt phone can't decode these...I'll try with a Vodafone sim later (I must admit I didn't think of that earlier)

ianu Jan 20th, 2008 19:43

..mine's Orange too - haven't tried with any other network though. I'll give it a go soon as work are just about to change us onto someone else anyway.

Cheers
Ian

GSMGuy Jan 20th, 2008 23:20

Guys, those of you on Orange - dial into your answerphone and turn OFF missed call and voicemail alerts.....

This turns off the automatic texts that get sent - but still leaves the new message indicator flag working..

Mike