Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   Tunein App will not work after upgrade (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=265626)

yeoman Mar 27th, 2017 09:51

Tunein App will not work after upgrade

I have been enjoying the Tunein app on my XC90.
Last weekend It came with with a message that a major upgrade was available.

I upgraded it as instructed. Now it will open up and just displays a message still saying an upgrade is still available.

I had this problem previously but got round it by uninstalling and re-installing the app,..... but hey presto,Mr Sensus is cleverer than that.

It has now grayed out the Tunein app on the uninstall page so I cannot uninstall the app.

Quacker Mar 27th, 2017 15:19

Mine is exactly the same. Ive never used it and when I did try it wanted the update, which I did, and its is now the same as yours. No doubt there will be a further update in due course.

Razer Mar 27th, 2017 15:24

Ive had this on a few apps, you will need to delete it/them and then re-install again (it may take a few attempts!) Note that when you delete you need to wait a few mins for the app to appear as a download.

tem Mar 27th, 2017 15:40

Strange.
My last OTA updates for any of the Apps was on the 18th December.
I listen to TuneIn daily and have not had any problems, except for the other day when Three updated, from 3G to 4G.
The carrier was down for the whole day.

tem.

yeoman Mar 27th, 2017 15:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razer (Post 2254183)
Ive had this on a few apps, you will need to delete it/them and then re-install again (it may take a few attempts!) Note that when you delete you need to wait a few mins for the app to appear as a download.

Problem is it will not let me uninstall it, no matter what I try.

Quacker Mar 27th, 2017 17:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by yeoman (Post 2254193)
Problem is it will not let me uninstall it, no matter what I try.

Yes, the delete button is greyed out and disabled.

Is there any other way of uninstalling it?

yeoman Mar 27th, 2017 18:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quacker (Post 2254259)
Yes, the delete button is greyed out and disabled.

Is there any other way of uninstalling it?

Not sure there is:sad-smiley-023:

Rooster Mar 27th, 2017 22:23

Battery reset might be best bet,

The apps can be a pain at times to download and sensus throws a hissy fit if it looses internet connection in middle of downloading the apps

Quacker Mar 28th, 2017 06:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rooster (Post 2254404)
Battery reset might be best bet,

The apps can be a pain at times to download and sensus throws a hissy fit if it looses internet connection in middle of downloading the apps

I'm not that desperate for it. I'll let it be for a period to see whether it gets sorted out at the remote end by, for instance, another update.
I wonder whether there is a reporting system for 'issues'?

yeoman Mar 28th, 2017 13:28

I managed to get Tunein working again but successfully unistalling and re-installing the app.

Here is what I did step wise.

Sat in the car,

Before starting the engine,turned off my hotspot on my phone.

Turned car on , went to download centre ,activate/ search for downloads,whilst it was spinning round,I pressed the home button to take me back to the 4 tile home screen.
After a few seconds,I got a message that the is no internet connection.

Whist styill on the home screen , I activated the hotspot on my phone.

A few seconds later the download centre tile displayed a message that downloads were available.

Went onto my apps and the previously grayed out Tunein was no longer so, and was available for un-installation.

Uninstalled Tunein and then searched for apps and re-installed Tunein.

Signed into my Tunein account and voila !