Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   Events and Meetings (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   anyone fancy a midlands meet? (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=17647)

Pedro Fandango Mar 27th, 2006 03:22

anyone fancy a midlands meet?

there seems to be a few more in the midlands area so wondered if anyone fancies a local mini-meet.

i'm pretty flexible so anyone got any ideas for location & when, i know of a few places in/around Cov but open to anything?

James_N Mar 27th, 2006 04:43

are older, slower volvo's welcome too :D

Id be up for it.

Pedro Fandango Mar 27th, 2006 14:22

well so far theres only us 2 anyway lol, but i'm not volvoist mate bring what you want :Banane44:

any date/place preferences?

93240se Mar 27th, 2006 14:36

midlands meet

May be interested in a Midlands Meet, particularly if older & slower cars are welcome. One thing puzzles me though, you say you are not now a member of the VOC. Why not, there are advantages to belonging and compared to half a tank of fuel the costs are not great.

Regards, Richard. VOC 3801 30 + years member.

Pedro Fandango Mar 27th, 2006 14:59

sorry i can't see why older/slower cars shouldn't be welcome (my folks have got a 33year old Saab so personally i enjoy looking at classics)

all i'm thinking is meet at a decent pub with a chance to meet up & have a natter, i dare say some people may go for a spin round the block but we've got Avon park for speed & racing

the main reason i'm not a voc member anymore is at the time money was tight & i was to lazy to fill in the renewal form :embaressed_smile: . But i agree there are loads of advantages to joining & did enjoy going to the national & gaydon meets, once i get organized i'll probably join back up

MissDMeanor Mar 27th, 2006 16:10

Sounds like a great idea Pedro:Banane44:

When were you thinking of?

Would it be possible to have the meet Birmingerham way please?

I'd like to see all sorts of Volvos there - I only know the 850s!!!!

:Banane44: :Banane44: :Banane44:

Pedro Fandango Mar 27th, 2006 16:35

Birmingham way sounds good to me, i don't know the area so have to rely on others for ideas for a location.

as for when as far as i know i'm free anytime after this weekend, anyone what to give a date?

Mike_Brace Mar 27th, 2006 18:13

Birmingham - M6/M54 area would suit me best - even trhat is a 150 miles away. Will try to come.

Mike

Pedro Fandango Mar 27th, 2006 18:15

nice one, does anyone now of a decent pub around that area that'll do us?

logicaltuning Mar 27th, 2006 20:50

i may be up for that in my 740 tank :D

im from wolverhampton, but i dont mind travelling most places, volvos arent scared of high mileage!!

be nice to see some of the rapido vulvas aswell :D as the mrs wants to rid our corrado race car and get an 850T5