Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Register Keeper 850/V70 Models (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=248109)

nigel335 Apr 8th, 2016 11:17

Register Keeper 850/V70 Models

850/V70 Register Keeper
After a number of years as The Register Keeper for the 850/V70 Series Nick Crady has decided to stand down from the position.
On behalf of the Board of Directors and the VOC Members I would like to thank Nick for the efforts he has put in to the position and wish him well in the future. If there is any member who would like to consider taking on this role for the club please contact me for further details

Many Thanks

Nigel Ayling
Director
Register Keeper Liaison.

Adept Apr 13th, 2017 18:51

850 T5r Estate Auto

Just fitted a new head so my T5r is back on the road again. Is there still a register kept and if so is there anybody interested in my details.

nigel335 Apr 13th, 2017 20:00

850/V70 Register Keeper

Sorry yes there is a new Register Keeper.

as Follows

850/V70 Register Keeper

Email: cjmann@aol.com

Full contact details on page 4 of driver

Nigel Ayling

andrewc1267 May 5th, 2018 01:17

What information do you need

I have a 1999 v70r

GrimReaper1970 Nov 30th, 2018 13:54

V70R oil cooler pipes

1998 (S) V70R in Silver

Hi all has anybody got or be able to tell me where to get a pair of pipes that go from the radiator to the bottom front of the engine. If u were looking at it from the drivers side wing. Both of mine are weeping oil quite badly now but can't afford to take it off the road.

I would like to purchase some second-hand, so long as the metal parts are ok, to refurbish them, then replace the ones on the car.

These lines are only on the R version of the T5 as the oil cooler is integral to the radiator and not a small bolt on unit as with the standard T5. I can get them from main dealer, but 200 quid at this time of year not got.

Many thanks in advance.

Bob Meadows Nov 30th, 2018 14:46

I’m not that familiar with the pipes you mention- however I would be very surprised if a descent hydraulic supplier could not make them up for you, I’ve had quite a few oil lines & others made for classic cars ( Tom Parker Preston) but you should find a local company that will make them to your existing/specification.
Some can also reuse the fittings if necessary?
Good Luck.
Bob

acshortt5 Nov 30th, 2018 16:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrimReaper1970 (Post 2471556)
1998 (S) V70R in Silver

Hi all has anybody got or be able to tell me where to get a pair of pipes that go from the radiator to the bottom front of the engine. If u were looking at it from the drivers side wing. Both of mine are weeping oil quite badly now but can't afford to take it off the road.

I would like to purchase some second-hand, so long as the metal parts are ok, to refurbish them, then replace the ones on the car.

These lines are only on the R version of the T5 as the oil cooler is integral to the radiator and not a small bolt on unit as with the standard T5. I can get them from main dealer, but 200 quid at this time of year not got.

Many thanks in advance.

The oil cooler pipes will be the same on a T5 or any other turbo S/V/C70 up to 1999 when volvo changed the oil cooler setup to be on the rear of the sump. I wouldn't try to bodge second hand ones - if they fail while you are on the move you will lose oil pressure and very quickly wreck the engine.
I bought a new pair from volvo a few years ago for about £150 including the various seals and clips so the price has clearly gone up - have you tried Rufe with the forum discount?

A firm such as Pirtek should be able to make up something for you if you take the pipes to them but I would get a quote first as it would be pointless getting something custom made if it would cost more than volvo ones.

PS You don't need to drop the oil from the sump to replace these, particularly if the front end is jacked up, but you might lose a bit out of the cooler so check the oil level before firing up and after the first drive (when the oil has had chance to circulate round the system).