Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Air Con: pre- works info gathering. (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=295005)

ThomasG May 23rd, 2019 12:57

OK, I admit, this is a piece of information I didn't know (refusal to refill)

If such will be the case, I will keep your idea as a fall back, but even then, I'd use the "stop leak" mix only for some time, ie: until I know it doesn't leak anymore, and have it refilled yet again with properly measured amount.

But first things first: as SirRobb suggested, Vida with all its gauges and whistles goes first.
Maybe even today, time permitting.

Joe Harding May 23rd, 2019 18:30

Don’t refill it yourself. I did and all it puts into your system is gas. But if there’s no or low oil you’re making matters worse. I lost a compressor doing that. Leave that job to those with the right tools.
If after cleaning and defluffing the cabin sensor you still have issues you could try a VIDA calibration routine which opens and shuts flaps and does improve things.

ThomasG May 23rd, 2019 19:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Harding (Post 2522973)
Don’t refill it yourself. I did and all it puts into your system is gas. But if there’s no or low oil you’re making matters worse. I lost a compressor doing that. Leave that job to those with the right tools.
If after cleaning and defluffing the cabin sensor you still have issues you could try a VIDA calibration routine which opens and shuts flaps and does improve things.

My thinking precisely

barrybritcher May 24th, 2019 23:48

No this is an all in one. Gas, oil, stop leak.

barrybritcher May 24th, 2019 23:48

EZ Chill Auto Air Conditioning Recharge Extra Info:

Restores refrigerant and oil
Seals leaks in hoses, gaskets & O rings
Cleans system deposits
Improves efficiency
Advanced leak sealant
Acid & moisture sealant & eliminator extends the life of your A/C

ThomasG May 25th, 2019 08:28

That's a whole lot of buzz words..

I'm allergic to buzz words..

Ask Canis what contains a box of screws with "average quantity of 100"

Or how good is spray can of egr cleaner.

Or ..

Dam.. There's hundreds like that.

Thing is: I don't buy into buzzwords/sales tactics.

I'm after actual, solid, proven, working substance of product, not all the commercial.hype surrounding it.
There's many, too many, that were "dissapointed" (to put it mildly) by these "self help refills".
And that's something I pay attention to much, much more than what's written/claimed on the tin.

Thank you for your contribution, but as long as there is a choice, my choice is still " No".

Edit:

Of course I had no time to pull out Vida and dice and run checks, maybe, just maybe I will manage that tomorrow..

I think I can find my way trough on my own, it will just take a while, but if anyone has a spare minute or two..

What am I looking for?

I'm kind of new to Vida (some of you know), and for time being I'm guessing it will be under "diagnostics" tab, but where within it?

Will it show correct values in relation to actual readouts?

Without reference point (correct value) I may have quite a difficulty deciding are readouts OK or too low/high..

Thank you.

MarvinMitt May 25th, 2019 10:56

There's great information in VIDA on how AC works and what the readings should be.
I guess it's under Information -> Product Specifications -> .....

barrybritcher May 25th, 2019 22:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarvinMitt (Post 2523438)
There's great information in VIDA on how AC works and what the readings should be.
I guess it's under Information -> Product Specifications -> .....

nice one will give this a look see how close to self destruct it is :tounge_smile:

davebb May 25th, 2019 22:57

Hi I don't know about the petrol cars but with my 2002 D5 you read the ac gas pressure in the ECM with vida, icarsoft, Delphi DS150, and other Volvo readers,
Dave

ThomasG Jun 23rd, 2019 19:49

Right...
All that time i was going without A/C..

Today i finally connected Dice.

but first- i tried to look up correct values in vida.
The only reference i was able to find was a very general one that A/C system usually has a pressure of 170-320kPa (1.7-3.2Bar)

Measurement gave me these:

compressor OFF- variable between 880-900kPa
compressor ON- variable between 1130-1250kPa

That definitely doesn`t line up with that general value above, so i dug a bit online.
on volvoxc website i`ve found info that high side should have pressure of around 1300kPa, but it isnt uncommon to see properly working A/C with 1100-1200kPa.

Judging by this- my pressure seems ok.. at least when compressor is running.

I dont know how to check low side pressure.

Somethings wrong, thats for sure. A/C blows air maybe 1 degree colder than inside of car, so there definitely is something wrong..

but i dont know what to check/do next